Glock Forum banner

Speer Reloading Manual #14

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  YNC 
#1 ·
Being in the infancy stages of the reloading hobby, I ordered Speer #14 from Midwest Arms via Amazon last week based on the recommendations of other forum members. This morning I get an email from Amazon that my order was cancelled because Midwest was out of inventory. In looking at other stores, I'm finding the same issue, or new copies are overly priced. I already have other manuals that I'm reading and studying, but was wondering if it was common that Speer's manuals can be difficult to locate at times.:confused:

#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
You didn't list the other manuals you have but Lyman's 49th seems good. Like Barstool stated getting loading sheets from the powder manufacture works and is usually free...
You can go to these websites for info also: Hodgdon - The Gun Powder People Load Data « Accurate Powders Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide Western Powders, Inc.
You can also go here but be a little careful because some of the data is ???? remember especially here start low and work up: 9 mm Load Data - Handloads.Com

For some people reloading manuals are a obsession, don't get caught up in it:D

#5 ·
For some people reloading manuals are a obsession, don't get caught up in it.

RD..you've just described my problem. Speer was about the only one I didn't have, and I had myself convinced I had to have them all before I was ready to begin reloading. Think I'll work with what I have and if I need an answer, I'll just ask the experienced re-loaders here in the forum.

#6 ·
when I used to reload I liked hornady the best. they used to off the most info and the front part of the book talked about over crimping, weight and measurements, case flow and a ton of other things

#7 ·
I finally got to the bottom of my Speer#14 mystery. After sending emails to Speer and finally receiving a reply telling me who to call, I find out that Speer #14 is out of print and can't be sold any longer. They explained to me that all the major sellers are out of stock and can't get any more. They did however, tell me that they are using Nosler #7 as their "go to" guide at the present time.

#9 ·
I had the order in through Amazon...they cancelled 5 days later with no explanation. When I spoke to Speer last night, they told me none of the major distributors are supposed to have copies. Even Speer isn't using the book to answer questions...they're using Nosler #7.

#11 ·
They told me last night that #14 was about 10 years old, and was missing a lot of information on the newer calibers that are in use today. It wouldn't have mattered to me as I only plan on re-loading handgun ammo and for now will be starting with .380 and 9mm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.