.45 ACP Carry Ammo - Page 4

.45 ACP Carry Ammo

This is a discussion on .45 ACP Carry Ammo within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the The Armory category; Originally Posted by t4terrific Ye of little knowledge. Try reading a little, and getting to know what's going on in a community before you pop ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: .45 ACP Carry Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by t4terrific View Post
    Ye of little knowledge.

Try reading a little, and getting to know what's going on in a community before you pop in and start saying stupid stuff.

I've got seven .45's. I don't need to justify a purchase, because I can buy what I want, junior.

I have pistols chambered in every caliber you mentioned, but choose to carry what makes more sense.

The fact that you can only shoot a particular caliber well shows that you spend too much time reading IGF tripe, and not enough time trying to learn to shoot. Then you won't have to express phrases like "spray and pray".

6 rounds against 17 rounds (as you mentioned) is, was, and always will be a disadvantage. It may not be insurmountable, based on skill (which you lack due to only being able to handle a particular caliber) but it's a disadvantage, none the less.

Thanks for explaining to all of us what each caliber is. Nobody ever heard a thing about the ballistics of pistol rounds.

I have already commented about my opinions of the best .45 Auto loads over and over. We've discussed videos of ballistics testing of various .45 Auto loads, over and over.

I'll participate in a thread with my opinion, noob. You don't like it, too bad.

You were not able to make an argument showing how a .45 Auto is better than another caliber for everyday carry purposes, so try again, or shut up new guy.

Why are you talking about rifles in a .45 thread? Can you tuck a rifle under your belt and go to The Home Depot, or put it in your pocket and go to Texas Cattle Co.?

It takes an idiot to say .45, .40, and 9mm are the same ballistically, and you did (citing the same non-related topic of "a rifle". Which rifle are you referring to? My Ruger 10/22 suffers compared to most pistol calibers.)

Furthermore, my reasoning is based on size, weight, and capacity, with the understanding that the effectiveness of the three on a human (with quality defensive ammo) will be somewhat similar.
    Sorry. I responded to this thread the way i did thinking it was a different forum. The things i said were common issues from there.

It is obvious to me the things i said havent come up here. I wont waste bandwith explaining what i ment or why i said it.

I am man enough to say i am sorry. i wont do it again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daniel87 View Post
    Sorry. I responded to this thread the way i did thinking it was a different forum. The things i said were common issues from there.

It is obvious to me the things i said havent come up here. I wont waste bandwith explaining what i ment or why i said it.

I am man enough to say i am sorry. i wont do it again.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Shucks. Everyone would have probably taken your side anyway.

I Like the Winchester PDX1 in ALL calibers...good stuff, bonded hollowpoints that feed well in all my guns. Plus I can find them nationwide in Walmarts for cheap..45 ACP Carry Ammo-wincpics223rpdb.jpg.45 ACP Carry Ammo-pdx1-40.jpg.45 ACP Carry Ammo-pdx1-9mm.jpg
    Last edited by mrmike7189; 03-14-2017 at 02:53 PM.
    NunquamNonParatus likes this.
    Glock 26

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmike7189 View Post
    I Like the Winchester PDX1 in ALL calibers...good stuff, bonded hollowpoints that feed well in all my guns. Plus I can find them nationwide in Walmarts for cheap.
    60gr. Bet that is a good deer round. I got some of the PDX1 in .45acp as it was on clearance. I haven't really looked at the JHP's in Walmart lately other than the Federal stuff. I haven't shot it much lately.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

For carry ammo just pick any one of the major premium ammo choices and it will get the job done if you do your part. There is no magic bullet and shot placement is a far more determining factor in stopping a threat than bullet design. A FMJ training round properly placed in say the brain housing unit will almost certainly deliver a one shot stop whereas the newest, bestest, most effective bullet that grazes the shoulder will not. Whatever you choose to carry, be sure that you have put at least a magazine full through the barrel so you know how it feels compared to your training ammo. There most likely will be a difference.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

~You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas. ~ Davy Crockett

Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, my kindness for weakness or my attention for admiration ~ Me

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links