gun show reloads

This is a discussion on gun show reloads within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the The Armory category; I borrowed this from another gun site because I think it needs to be shown (they asked ti share it). With the shortage of ammo ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: gun show reloads

gun show reloads

I borrowed this from another gun site because I think it needs to be shown (they asked ti share it). With the shortage of ammo there is a rush of people pushing reloads. Reloads are fine for some but make sure you know who did them and that they are double checked. There is no amount of savings or fun that can make up the damage this causes. The shooter was shaken and thanks to safety glasses can still see

gun show reloads-dsc_0129-1.jpggun show reloads-dsc_0134-1.jpg
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

I bet the recoil on that one was just a bit harsh.......
    TrustNoOne likes this.

if you look at the pic's the bullet never left the barrel, it was more like dynamite
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

One can only wonder what was in that case that the bullet never got out of the barrel? The only thing I've ever seen that came close to that(or surpassed it) was when I was working at a gunshop/gunsmiths. Some joker decided in his majesty that he wanted to reload for his Model 94 Win.. He bought bullets for a .32 special, Magnum rifle primers, and didn't bother with a loading manual. He'd bought the first powder he came across, which happened to be a can of BULLSEYE!!! A scale wasn't for him so he filled the case and managed to beat the bullet into the .30-30 case, although how he even managed to do that and get it to chamber was beyond all of us. When he lit that one off, it split the barrel halfway and the sides of the action were peeled back like a banana. Some of the inner workings were also missing. The idiot never got a scratch.

what happens is the bullet has too much gun powder and not enough oxygen so instead of pushing the bullet down the barrel it expanse outward

what you have to ask your self is it worth the couple of dollars you save

I for one would never buy reloads packaged in a baggie that some clown probably tossed together in his spare time.

The commercial ammo makers/reloaders have an enormous incentive not to f..up. In addition to know how, they have real quality control in place.

I would never use a reload from a gunshow.

I don't do reloads except from people I know, and never in Glocks...
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    rowabi

No thanks. My eyes, hands and the rest of me need to stay healthy and well. My cousin is coming over later this week to learn how to reload. In conversations back and forth he thanked me. I told him "you can thank me when you have successfully reloaded reliable, safe rounds without blowing yourself up". no joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors