Full Metal Jacket

This is a discussion on Full Metal Jacket within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the The Armory category; I have heard that the only rounds that should be shot through a Glock is full metal jacket for reliability. But I also hear you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Full Metal Jacket

Full Metal Jacket

I have heard that the only rounds that should be shot through a Glock is full metal jacket for reliability. But I also hear you can shoot pretty much anything through it and it doesn't matter. Is that myth true or is it completely wrong info? What is your preferred ammo? (Whether type or brand) Thanks in advance!

The barrel of a Glock has a non tradition rifling pattern. Unlike the traditional land and groove rifling Glock uses a pattern that is rounded off. It's called polygonal. Glock recommends you don't use non jacketed lead rounds in their barrels.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yes
    LEO - GSSF Member - GLOCK Certified Armorer
    G17, G21, G22, G27

That's why I bought a Lone Wolf G19 barrel (zero FTF):

"Match grade, select 416 stainless steel, CNC machined and heat treated. Standard groove and land rifling make Lone Wolf barrel an excellent choice for those who wish to shoot lead, plated, or jacketed bullets. Can be used in factory ported or standard Glock pistols. Pre-fit drop-in, oversized lock-up produces greater shot accuracy. Tighter dimension than original Glock barrels. Polished and improved feed ramp. Lifetime warranty."
    Last edited by PSmith; 12-26-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    When seconds count ...police are only minutes away!
    PSmith, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor, retired
    Glock 19c gen 3, Lone Wolf Barrel, Advantage Tactical Sights, ClipDraw
    ~ FREEDOM ~ First, Last and Always...

jacketed rounds expand to the walls and lock hot gasses in making the bullet spin so it is more stable in flight and no it doesn't have to be FMJ but at least jacketed
    PSmith likes this.
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

Thanks for all your replies. A guy on the beretta forum sells good priced ammo which is 124 grain jacketed montana gold rounds. This would be okay as well?

that would be fine, jacketed rounds are most likely FMG (full metal jacketed) and are fine for punching paper but lack for self defense
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT_Vinson View Post
    Thanks for all your replies. A guy on the beretta forum sells good priced ammo which is 124 grain jacketed montana gold rounds. This would be okay as well?
    Very, very bad for your gun! Please send me his name and the site so I can buy them, shoot them, and help to protect YOUR gun!
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

~ Amishman44

how much ? and for what

Good to know, thanks. His username is bajadudes, and his ammo company is named blamtec. Good stuff from what I hear, just wasn't sure about its relationship with the Glock. For you and those who are interested in pricing:

"I sell quality 9mm and 40 ammo online and on this forum. search for blamtec. $14 a box of 50 for the 9 and its a 124 grain jacked montana gold round.

I am about to introduce a 9mm polymer coated round that meets min power factor and should sell for $11.25 for a box of 50. shoots nice and clean." -bajadudes (berettaforum.net)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors