Glock Forum banner

Holster for a G30S?

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  30S13 
#1 ·
I posed this question on a hijacked 30S thread in General Discussion as my excitement about getting my hands on the new 30S got the better of me. This is the better forum for the question.

Picked up a 30S yesterday along with a Galco Royal Guard IWB and a Blackhawk Serpa, both sized for the G30. The Galco has a nice tight fit and seems like it will be comfortable. There is positive retention with the Blackhawk but there is a bit of back and forth "play" that may be due to the thinner profile of the 30S. Is this acceptable or should I hold out for a dedicated paddle from them, Fobus, etc.? Curious what others are using to carry this new model.

Thanks for your help.

#4 ·
With my G36 slide on my G30SF it fits in all the holsters I use for the G30SF, Jak Slide, Summer Comfort. I just havent carried it that way yet as I have not test fired with the slide switched.

#7 ·
Congrats on the pistol...Mine arrives tomorrow and I can't wait...As to the holster, some folks are complaining of the same issue...I think until they start making some more holsters "model specific" for the "frankenstein" 30 S, we're not gonna be totally satisfied with the fit. I'm gonna check some different holsters out as soon as I pick mine up, and I'll keep you posted on what I find. Sounds like you have a pretty good holster. Funny, the Galco line is where I am starting as well. I plan on calling them today to see if they intend to make some holsters for that pistol. Keep us posted...:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.