First time out with G19

This is a discussion on First time out with G19 within the Glock Range Reports forums, part of the Glock Information category; I finally had a chance to shoot my new G19. I'm lucky to have a place to shoot on my property, so I grabbed a ...

First time out with G19

I finally had a chance to shoot my new G19. I'm lucky to have a place to shoot on my property, so I grabbed a couple of empty plastic water bottles and hiked up the hill. I wanted to get a feel for the gun, and make sure it had no problems out of the Box. I put 100 rounds of American Eagle 124g FMJ, followed by 50 rounds of 115g Federal Hi-Shok JHP. I had one failure to feed with the 115g. I do need some practice, but, managed to make Swiss cheese out of the cartons. I'm very happy with the G19, my first Glock. I'm looking forward to setting up a nice range, and doing some serious practice. Thanks for reading.

Sweet...!
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    rowabi

Always fun to be able to walk out your back door and shoot. I do miss that living in the city

+1 on that, cities are fun in moderation, but give me that country life.
    Gen 4 Glock 19
    Gen 3 Glock 26
    Mossberg 500 Persuader
    Hi-Standard "Sentinel Deluxe" .22 Model "R-106"
    "
    To the man that only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."

Luke 22:36 Then he said unto them,But now, he that hath a purse,let him take it , and likewise his scrip :
    and he that hath no sword , let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    Always fun to be able to walk out your back door and shoot. I do miss that living in the city
    Can't agree with you more my friend.
    G30 - My EDC

"I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical."
    Thomas Jefferson..

Quote Originally Posted by BoscoG19 View Post
    I had one failure to feed with the 115g.
    Funny, I had one failure to feed with a 117g in my first 50 rounds on my G19. Since then (about 500-600 rounds) I've had no problem. Possibly a very short term break in period type of problem? Have fun, I've been loving my 19.

I finally had a chance to shoot my new G19. I'm lucky to have a place to shoot on my property, so I grabbed a couple of empty plastic water bottles and hiked up the hill. I wanted to get a feel for the gun, and make sure it had no problems out of the Box. I put 100 rounds of American Eagle 124g FMJ, followed by 50 rounds of 115g Federal Hi-Shok JHP. I had one failure to feed with the 115g. I do need some practice, but, managed to make Swiss cheese out of the cartons. I'm very happy with the G19, my first Glock. I'm looking forward to setting up a nice range, and doing some serious practice. Thanks for reading.
    +++ on that!
    I live in the city and wish I could step out the backdoor and let a few rounds fly.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
    Funny, I had one failure to feed with a 117g in my first 50 rounds on my G19. Since then (about 500-600 rounds) I've had no problem. Possibly a very short term break in period type of problem? Have fun, I've been loving my 19.
    I had a few with my new G26 with one of the mags. Let the mag sit full for a couple of days then no problem ever again. I guess it was a break in problem probably with the mag spring.
    Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included.

Sounds like a plan.....check out hickock45's range on you tube,nice!!
    Gen 4 Glock 19
    Gen 3 Glock 26
    Mossberg 500 Persuader
    Hi-Standard "Sentinel Deluxe" .22 Model "R-106"
    "
    To the man that only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."

Luke 22:36 Then he said unto them,But now, he that hath a purse,let him take it , and likewise his scrip :
    and he that hath no sword , let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Sponsors