Glock Forum banner

Back from the range....on to the next step.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jdw174 
#1 ·
I'm turning my G34 into an ESP class pistol for IDPA. (ESP= Enhanced Service Pistol). Thus far it's got Dawson sights and the TALON grip (which get an A+ rating after this morning's session). However....the stock extended slide release has GOT TO GO! While shooting strings on multiple targets/multiple shots this morning, my thumb managed to bump it enough that I had the slide lock back on me 3 times while shooting. This ain't good, gents. It forced me to do things with my right thumb that I don't normally do and changed things around. So, ordering a standard slide release lever today. Future additions include a ZEV magwell and an EDGE trigger from Glock Triggers. Stay tuned.

#6 ·
My grip is why I got rid of it! I shoot thumbs forward and my right thumb was smacking the tip of the slide release. I tried shooting with the right thumb on the dished-out area at the top of the grip which placed it behind my left palm. That screwed up my left hand's hold. The standard release gives me no trouble at all, including being able to hit it when I need to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.