* New G19 on the way - what nationality will it be? * - Page 7

* New G19 on the way - what nationality will it be? *

This is a discussion on * New G19 on the way - what nationality will it be? * within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Everybody knows that XD's and M&P's are more rugged than the flimsy Glocks which are designed and built by McDonalds employees. At least the OP ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: * New G19 on the way - what nationality will it be? *

Everybody knows that XD's and M&P's are more rugged than the flimsy Glocks which are designed and built by McDonalds employees.

At least the OP was able to get through a hundred without a kaboom.
    mrrstrat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by t4terrific View Post
    Everybody knows that XD's and M&P's are more rugged than the flimsy Glocks which are designed and built by McDonalds employees.

At least the OP was able to get through a hundred without a kaboom.
    That is also why the FBI and several LEAs are dumping their glocks for things like M&P, XD, and RAPs. My buddy is forced to carry a M&P 40 on the job, but his off duty carry is a G19.

Glock isn't perfect, but is damn close...oh no wait "glock perfection"
    Gen 3 Glocks: 23, 29, 30
    Gen 4 Glocks: 17, 19, 21, 26, 34, 43

US Navy 1998 - TBD

I think a G19 would suffice for me for on/off duty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mrrstrat View Post
    I think a G19 would suffice for me for on/off duty.
    Concur. I would be cool with a G19 or G23. Those are my primary carry guns - with G30 and G43 being flavor of the day carry guns to keep things in rotation.

I don't think I would be happy being a LEO for an agency that makes me carry a questionable pistol like a M&P...especially with a round like the 40 that is so volatile and hard to shoot
    rogue4998 likes this.

US Navy 1998 - TBD

My last qual was actually with a M&P 40 - great gun for duty and a beast for carry. Most of the LE that train were I did and all of the instructors had G19s for both duty and carry. That says a lot to me. If you can carry whatever you want then your choice is down to what is the best and not what you are mandated to carry. The reasons I was given is the glocks can be used when anxiety levels are high and not confuse the operator with features that take milliseconds off of response time to react.

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltm723 View Post
    If you buy a G23 you can buy a 9mm barrel and be able to essentially have 2 guns in 1. The G19 (while the #1 carry choice) is not convertible to any other caliber.
    .22lr.................. I have one of those kits.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by t4terrific View Post
    I didn't say that.

I have a Glock 23 and a Glock 19. Two separate guns.

I don't play the two guns in one game. Some go that way and it's their own choice.

To play the .40 to 9mm conversion game, you'll need a .40 to 9 conversion barrel and separate magazines, but the ejectors are different for both calibers, so you just have to hope for the best.
    Never had a jam with converting to 9. Now my new 19 had a defective ejector. I have a 27 with the 9m conversion. a 23 with a conversion, and a 19.

BTW the duck tail may help with follow up shots putting you back on target faster. Less muzzle flip.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

Don't the Georgia Glocks have an outline of Georgian on the frame? None of mine do.

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    .22lr.................. I have one of those kits.
    For $300-400 does it work well enough to justify the price - or better to just buy a dedicated 22? I have a buckmark with over 25,000 rds through it (use it for my NRA pistol classes)

.22 LR Conversion Kit for Glocks
    TSG-22? 19/23 ? Tactical Solutions

Also supposedly the 22TCM - read about in guns and ammo but never heard another review on it

Introducing The 22 TCM 9R Cartridge And TCM Conversion for Glock® Pistols

US Navy 1998 - TBD

Quote Originally Posted by coltm723 View Post
    For $300-400 does it work well enough to justify the price - or better to just buy a dedicated 22? I have a buckmark with over 25,000 rds through it (use it for my NRA pistol classes)

.22 LR Conversion Kit for Glocks
    TSG-22? 19/23 ? Tactical Solutions

Also supposedly the 22TCM - read about in guns and ammo but never heard another review on it

Introducing The 22 TCM 9R Cartridge And TCM Conversion for Glock® Pistols
    I hadn't seen the 22TCM. RIA has a 1911 style purpose built. They have a big muzzle blast. I have never shot the .22 conversion. I got it used. I got the Advantage Arms with the 25rd mag. I really ought to try it. Only have one mag for it. Mine is the more dependable of the two. I have a bunch of S&W .22's. 2-2213's, (had 3 sold one way too cheap!) 2206, 2 622's. One of the 622's is a 6" barrel with walnut grips and target sights. Bought that puppy in '89 brand new. Used it to qualify for my carry permit. Little old lady next to me qualified with a S&W revolver .22 snubby and had never shot before.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links