9mm vs 40 cal.

9mm vs 40 cal.

This is a discussion on 9mm vs 40 cal. within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; What's the difference in recoil with the gen 4 Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 9mm vs 40 cal.

9mm vs 40 cal.

What's the difference in recoil with the gen 4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rogue4998 View Post
    What's the difference in recoil with the gen 4
    Noticeable but not enough to make you not be able to shoot it well. I would say it is 1.5x more if I had to put a number on it (115gr vs 180gr range ammo)

I think the 40 has a little more muzzle flip, recoil has been described as snappy. I can't tell the difference between the Gen 3 and Gen 4 recoil...I know the springs are different, but I can't tell the functional difference.

Me personally, 40 cal out of a G23 is as small as I would go...I think the 27 is a little nasty, especially without a finger extension.
    Gen 3 Glocks: 23, 29, 30
    Gen 4 Glocks: 17, 19, 21, 26, 34, 43

US Navy 1998 - TBD

if you shoot a thousand rounds in an hour a lot but if you have man hands... not enough to talk about
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

A LOT of opinions on this out there. The recoil on the 9mm is very manageable. The .40 is sharper to me but far from punishing or painful. I am able to shoot rapidly and stay on target between shots much more effectively with 9mm in same sized gun. For this and several other reasons I prefer the 9mm as the ballistics arent too far apart. The best solution for you is to shoot both. Another option would be to get the 23 with a 9mm conversion barrel and have the option to shoot either with one gun. Personally my vote would be a 19 in 9mm all day long.
    rogue4998 likes this.
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

Well for me .40 and .45 are the only glocks I own currently have a 23 and a 35 and a 36 which I really like them all recoil is not a issue with me and I find the .40 to be a great round. I don't think I'll get a 27 I prefer a full grip even my 36 has extension's on all mags. Will be getting some 9mm soon I do like the long slide guns am also working on a 10mm. As far as all the hopla about ballistics I'll still take a .40 as a carry gun.. Just my opinion.

Choices, choices, choices...

So many "factors" to consider, in a persons choice of gun Caliber. Like I said a week or so ago, my buddy...gettin older, couldn't rack the slide on his XDs .45 he bought about 5 years ago. Just gettin older and shit... Downsized to a 9mm revolver.

Hay...ya do what ya gotta do. For me personally, at 69, I'm still absolutely Fine with my .45 30s. .45 has Always been my prefered caliber. I just love the... FAT and SLOW theory of the .45. Hits like a fuckin Brick. 11 rounds in my 30s is comfortable enough for me as a "civilian". I do carry an extra mag, so 21 rounds? If that don't do me...30 odd rounds of 9mm, ain't gonna do me no better.

I just don't see the point of .40.
    War_Material and BBtruck like this.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is, it will not be needed until they try to take it".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

Click here Daily to give free food to animals in shelters and rescue's.

I agree with Colt. The 23 has about 50% more recoil than the 19 (unless you are shooting +p ammo from the 19).

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox762 View Post
    Choices, choices, choices...

So many "factors" to consider, in a persons choice of gun Caliber. Like I said a week or so ago, my buddy...gettin older, couldn't rack the slide on his XDs .45 he bought about 5 years ago. Just gettin older and shit... Downsized to a 9mm revolver.

Hay...ya do what ya gotta do. For me personally, at 69, I'm still absolutely Fine with my .45 30s. .45 has Always been my prefered caliber. I just love the... FAT and SLOW theory of the .45. Hits like a fuckin Brick. 11 rounds in my 30s is comfortable enough for me as a "civilian". I do carry an extra mag, so 21 rounds? If that don't do me...30 odd rounds of 9mm, ain't gonna do me no better.

I just don't see the point of .40.
    A 40 hits fast and hard

The 23 don't bother me. It's just hard for follow up shots

I have a XD 40 subcompact and it's manageable

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links