g21 vs RAP45

g21 vs RAP45

This is a discussion on g21 vs RAP45 within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Has anyone here had the opportunity to evaluate both of these pistols side by side? I am little recoil sensitive due to arthritis. I shot ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Superzuki

Thread: g21 vs RAP45

g21 vs RAP45

Has anyone here had the opportunity to evaluate both of these pistols side by side? I am little recoil sensitive due to arthritis. I shot my son in laws g21 and it was as mild as my RAP 9mm. Enough so it gave me the itch for a 45. but, I am on the fence, I really like my rap9 and I love my other glocks but I don't want to jump unitl someone who has experience with both casts their vote. thanks!
    Best Regards from
    THE Old Fart64

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart64 View Post
    Has anyone here had the opportunity to evaluate both of these pistols side by side? I am little recoil sensitive due to arthritis. I shot my son in laws g21 and it was as mild as my RAP 9mm. Enough so it gave me the itch for a 45. but, I am on the fence, I really like my rap9 and I love my other glocks but I don't want to jump unitl someone who has experience with both casts their vote. thanks!
    G21

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    I would shoot it some more. Maybe rent or try a G17. I have shot a few rounds through my 21. It likes to spit the empty cases straight up into my face.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

You love your other Glocks and you shot and had a good experience with the 21 already.. whats to decide?
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    I would shoot it some more. Maybe rent or try a G17. I have shot a few rounds through my 21. It likes to spit the empty cases straight up into my face.
    Firm up your grip Sally Limp wrists
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart64 View Post
    The G21 with it's double recoil springs, low bore axis, and good ergonomics...the 45 with it's recoil characteristics (push vs jump) make it a very easy 45 to shoot. Any inhibitor to shooting a G21 well is purely psychological. I recommend going for the G21 and not looking back...do a Gen 4 so you can swap backstops for maximum comfort.
    Gen 3 Glocks: 23, 29, 30
    Gen 4 Glocks: 17, 19, 21, 26, 34, 43

Would like to add: G17L, G20, G40, G41 (not sure why...just because)

US Navy 1998 - TBD

What is a RAP45, and how is it even in the same conversation as a Glock 21?

Walther, Sig, or HK comparison? Makes sense.

Ruger American?

It's for the guy looking to save $100. That's it.

In 20 years, Ruger will probably have it discontinued and replaced with some other price-point option.

Hickock45 reviews both guns (separately) on Youtube.

Check it out.

A G21 is very mild shooting. The heavy slide, and the wide grip are the major contributors.
    The heavy slide soaks up a lot of recoil
    The wide grip spreads the recoil over a wider part of your hand so the felt recoil on any particular portion of you palm is smaller.
    t4terrific likes this.

Sponsored Links