glock made in USA

This is a discussion on glock made in USA within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; hi,i bought my g23 here in Philippines,but it was made in u.s,is there difference in quality and performance glocks made in u.s compared glocks made ...

glock made in USA

hi,i bought my g23 here in Philippines,but it was made in u.s,is there difference in quality and performance
    glocks made in u.s compared glocks made in Austria?are they as reliable as the glocks in austria?please reply anybody i need some feedbacks
    thx....

CGP
    All Glocks are made in Austria from what I know. It may show Smyrna, GA because it's imported from Austria through Glock's US subsidiary. I have 2 and they are 100% reliable.

Kamusta from Houston, Texas
    Last edited by CGP; 07-14-2011 at 06:00 PM.

I have 2 as well that are stamped GA, have placed thousands of rounds through them and no problems. I really haven't seen any differences in the two weapons, having seen and shot both types. The majority of the ones you'll find here in the USA will have that stamp on them from what Ive seen.
    Its better to burn out then to fade away....

sig
    Hi guys, need a good advise as I want to switch from SIGs with DAO to Glock 17, 19 or 34( have no experience, but heard all Glocks are not safe and dangerous due to any safety feature which I don't think it's true ? ). WAnt a Glock 9 mm with a short, easy trigger pull ( different from SIGs). Any advise ? Thanks. SIG

Hey Sig,
    A Glock is no more unsafe than any other gun as long as you follow the basic safety rules. Don't point your weapon at anything you don't intend to terminate, keep you finger off the trigger until you are ready to terminate what you are pointing your weapon at. Here is a good video showing the Glock trigger dependability. Glock Trigger Torture Test - YouTube. The Glock trigger is definitely lighter than an 7-10 pound DAO trigger coming in between 3.5-5lbs. It will take a little getting used to but you will love it. here is another video from the same guy explaining the trigger blocking mechanism Glock Firing Pin Safety - YouTube

RMD
    Quote Originally Posted by sig View Post
    Hi guys, need a good advise as I want to switch from SIGs with DAO to Glock 17, 19 or 34( have no experience, but heard all Glocks are not safe and dangerous due to any safety feature which I don't think it's true ? ). WAnt a Glock 9 mm with a short, easy trigger pull ( different from SIGs). Any advise ? Thanks. SIG
    Glocks are as safe as the user makes them.

They have 3 safeties, but none that you can see. Keep your finger off the trigger and use a holster that completely covers the trigger guard and they won't fire.

If you'll only ever have one Glock (yeah right!), then get the G19 - excellent all-around pistol.

If you want one to carry and one for range/nightstand duty, get a G26 for the former and a G17 or G35 for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by emem_5649 View Post
    hi,i bought my g23 here in Philippines,but it was made in u.s,is there difference in quality and performance
    glocks made in u.s compared glocks made in Austria?are they as reliable as the glocks in austria?please reply anybody i need some feedbacks
    thx....
    Some Countrys do not want to purchase goods (Pistols) made In Austria/Germany! Those Countrys get the made in Smyrna Ga. pistols. The difference, and there is one distinctive one, is the finish, you can not import the chemicals in to the US, for this finish. So the finish is the same one as S&W use (I believe) Melanite? The Austrian models have Tennifer, but that is the finish under the black finish you see, so if holster wear is starting to show through the finish, you are now seeing the Tennnifer, which is almost as hard as a diamond.

Now how many parts are still made in Austria? Barrels, springs, slides even? etc, I dont know. So whatever it says on the pistol, it is good to go.

Wink g23

the difference is un garnish medyo rough ang us not like austria

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Some Countrys do not want to purchase goods (Pistols) made In Austria/Germany! Those Countrys get the made in Smyrna Ga. pistols. The difference, and there is one distinctive one, is the finish, you can not import the chemicals in to the US, for this finish. So the finish is the same one as S&W use (I believe) Melanite? The Austrian models have Tennifer, but that is the finish under the black finish you see, so if holster wear is starting to show through the finish, you are now seeing the Tennnifer, which is almost as hard as a diamond.

Now how many parts are still made in Austria? Barrels, springs, slides even? etc, I dont know. So whatever it says on the pistol, it is good to go.
    The above, correct!

Slight difference in finish, purly cosmetic, either place of named Manufacture, USA or Austria, they all work fine, the 9mm models are cheaper to feed!

Sponsors