Stuck Slide on G23

This is a discussion on Stuck Slide on G23 within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Installed a Laser Max guide rod laser in my 23 and while attempting to disassemble I ended up with a seriously stuck slide. This happened ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Smooth2o

Thread: Stuck Slide on G23

Stuck Slide on G23

Installed a Laser Max guide rod laser in my 23 and while attempting to disassemble I ended up with a seriously stuck slide. This happened once before (post laser max) but I was able to work it free. This time I'm not having any luck. two questions for the forum....1) any suggestions on how to get this thing off?! 2) has anyone run into issues with a laser max guide rod spring? I've had nothing but headaches with my LM laser, but thats another story. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!Stuck Slide on G23-photo.jpgStuck Slide on G23-2photo.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	1304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2photo.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	1305Stuck Slide on G23-3photo.jpg

Ok, going to answer my own post...was able to remove the slide cover plate and remove the internals. Doing so enabled me to remove the slide. Did some google searching and found others who had the same issue with a LM guide rod spring laser. The concept is cool, but not convinced its a great system. Im back to my original spring and will be retiring my LM to the desk drawer. Any other have experience with LM or had this issue?

Thanks

No experience with the LM guide rod spring. I find that I can acquire my front sight faster then looking for the laser dot. Sorry you had trouble and are unable to use the LM.
    Thanks for letting the Forum members know about the problems with the LM.
    Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

I would get ahold of the co and see what they say
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

I am not a pessimist; I am a realist- I believe craps stinks long before you get near it

You canít fix stupid. But you can take their money.

Like Huckleberry said, remove the plate at the back of the slide and pull the firing pin. Then the slide will lift off. Easier said than done of course.

even though the LM is a good Idea I think they have to many problems for the price
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

I am not a pessimist; I am a realist- I believe craps stinks long before you get near it

You canít fix stupid. But you can take their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Ok, going to answer my own post...was able to remove the slide cover plate and remove the internals. Doing so enabled me to remove the slide. Did some google searching and found others who had the same issue with a LM guide rod spring laser. The concept is cool, but not convinced its a great system. Im back to my original spring and will be retiring my LM to the desk drawer. Any other have experience with LM or had this issue?

Thanks
    The gun does not assemble/disassemble as easily with the Lasermax spring as it does with the OEM spring. For one thing, you need to have the Lasermax spring well seated in the groove notch on the barrel. However, it does assemble/disassemble without a problem unless the spring is sticking up. Also, if the red cap is put on backwards it also causes a problem, not only will the laser beam be high, but you will have problems assembling and disassembling the gun. Make sure that the notch in the red cap is mated with the notch in the cap on the spring. Other than that, it's a great way to add a laser to the gun.

You need to stick with it and not give up, there are worse solutions too. I have a Crimson Trace on my wife's SW637 and the aim point changes when you squeeze the grip. After all, it's all in rubber and when you squeeze rubber, the laser moves. That can't happen with a Lasermax Guide Rod laser. Sometimes the grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence.

Another thing to check is that with all your monkeying around, is if the trigger reset. If it did, pull the trigger.
    Last edited by Smooth2o; 02-22-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    NName591 likes this.

Sponsors