Miserable in massachusetts

This is a discussion on Miserable in massachusetts within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I just joined this forum and I am enjoying reading these posts. At the same time, I am seething at the fact that because I ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Miserable in massachusetts

Angry Miserable in massachusetts

I just joined this forum and I am enjoying reading these posts. At the same time, I am seething at the fact that because I live in Massachusetts, I can't purchase ANY new Glock Having been a gun dealer for 25 years, I did build up a nice collection of glocks, all gen. 1&2's, and I did manage to snag a gen.3 32 that was made just before the cut off date of Oct. 21, 1998. I will never part with any of them. Mass. compliant used glocks are going for over $500.00, especially for the 26,27,21 and it just makes me sick. So when you folks are hemming and hawing about which new glock to pick, just remember, at least you have a choice! I hate this state. Now I feel better that I got that off my chest!! Great forum here, and I'm sure I'll chime in from time to time.
    PROUD NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell about the legally modified full-auto G17 that I passed up on buying in 1995 because I thought $2,200.00 was too much to spend. What dope!! I have a class 3 license and it came with a supressor and 4 33 rd. mags. Never seen one like that again and if I did, it would probably be $10,000.00 now.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you have such shitty gun laws in your state. Is there any grass roots organizations working to change them?

i also live in mass. it is not just the laws but the attorney general also. the way it works is the state dept of public safety has a list of guns you can buy, glocks, most smith, walthers and rugers are on it. no taurus,a few kahr and no kimber just to name a few. however then along comes the attorney general with a regulation not a law and they make the final decision. even though the state list may say yes the attorney general can so no! which is the case as the aforementioned with regards to all new glocks.
    as far as i know the nra can't lobby in this state and we have another called gun owners action league or goal and they supposedly tried and then gave up.
    spfldguns likes this.

That sucks! I'm in Canada and we have our share of stupid gun laws but at least they apply to all the provinces, so rules are the same everywhere.

Welcome to group, glad you found us. At least you have a nice supply of handguns there in commy land.
    spfldguns likes this.
    Firearms Instructor

Welcome from Colorado! I had lived in CT most of my life, don't miss it though.
    Glocks: 17, 19 FDE, 20SF, 21, 22, 23, 31

NRA Life Member.

Thanks for the welcomes and sympathy from all. There's basically nothing that can be done to improve the situation here. It's all political and behind closed doors. One blatent example, a S&W Sigma, (made here in Mass) which is basically a complete Glock copy and a cheap ripoff, is Mass. compliant, but the Glock isn't.

would the key words here be? SMITH AND WESSON, MASS, MONEY, TAX CREDITS, NO COMPETITION!

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors