Glock 30 vs Glock 30 Gen 4 (3-1)

This is a discussion on Glock 30 vs Glock 30 Gen 4 (3-1) within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Glock 30 vs Glock 30 Gen 4: If you are among those who believe in investing in a good quality gear and keep yourself updated ...

Glock 30 vs Glock 30 Gen 4 (3-1)

Glock 30 vs Glock 30 Gen 4:

If you are among those who believe in investing in a good quality gear and keep yourself updated about the newest trends and equipments coming in the market, the one question that you would like to be answered is whether you should go with the G30sf or Gen 4 G30.

Well, there are some minor differences in the slides between the Gen 1-3 and the Gen 4. Gen 3 is cheaper and well-tested, not to mention there are a lot of after-market options out there. The Gen 4 slide will not interchange with the previous models as functionally all models are the same, but the Gen 4 accommodates the dual recoil spring assy. There are aftermarket dual-coil spring assemblies for the Gen 1-3, though many of them have functioning issues.

Gen 4 has a larger mag release than the Gen 3 models. The grip walls are thinner on the sides than Gen 3 and it seems to be a little harder to break down than the Gen 3's. Gen 3 was also a little harder to put back together as the new spring slips down sometimes during reassembly.

The GLOCK 30 Gen4 in the legendary and has 45 Auto offers excellent out-of-the-box precision paired with the ballistic quality of this genuine big-bore caliber. The Gen4 design combines a shorter trigger reach with maximum capacity making it an obvious choice for a go-to pistol for LE and personal protection enthusiasts alike.

However, Gen 4 has a problem- the new checkering on the grip. What suits your needs best is indeed the best gear for you. Itís a good practice to look into all the factors before making a final purchase. With lots of different gears available today in the market, itís very difficult to get the best one for yourself.
    Thanks,
    Gun Holsters Unlimited
    www.gunholstersunlimited.com

sounds like you know a heck of a alot more about gens than i do. i can tell you this all my glocks including 2 g30 one sf one regular have been perfect right out of the box. the last one i bought was a g23 and i didn't care what gen it was.

So is the distance from the back strap to the trigger the same? I have small hands and need the shortest distance possible.
    G19 Gen 4
    S&W 638

thats exactly where the difference is suppose to be. i never noticed any but others here say they can. suggestion maybe to check out the 36

Sponsors