new glock 17 falure to eject

This is a discussion on new glock 17 falure to eject within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; new glock owner an new to this site i have been reading about new glocks an no need to clean very often this is my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: new glock 17 falure to eject

new glock 17 falure to eject

new glock owner an new to this site i have been reading about new glocks an no need to clean very often this is my first glock, i have owed diff pistols an rifiles an have always cleaned after shooting more than 50 rounds at one shooting, my questain to anyone that may no is i bought a new gen3 17 last week shot it for the first time today an it failed to eject 3 times out of 80 rounds [ i was shooting federal,winn, blazer an speer ammo] i brought it home an cleaned it, didnt seem very dirty , i put a live round in the barrel just to see how tight it was before i cleaned it an it was a little tight i did the same after cleaning an much looser i was wandering if this is somewhat normal or should i contact glock. thanks to anyone for any input.

Lane

Welcome to the forum! As for an answer to your question, I really don't know what the issue can be. Someone will be along with some ideas I'm sure! Good luck!
    Us Army Attack Helicopter Crew Chief, Retired,
    Disabled Veteran
    Glock 30 Gen 4, DPMS AR15 , Ruger LCR .38 Special, Ruger SR22
    NRA Life Member

Sounds like a possible case of limp wristing to me. Very easy fix. Glock barrels are generally looser than most and shoot all ammo fine. Cleaning shouldn't be the issue. A lot of owner's don't even clean a Glock before they shoot it the first time. Try keeping that grip firm and that will probably solve your problem. This has probably happened to a lot of Glock owner's on this site. Every once in a while you get lazy and limp wrist it.

BTW, welcome to the site!

thanks HRG i am going back to the range this week, i will try keeping a firm grip an see if that corrects the problem.

here watch this
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

I am not a pessimist; I am a realist- I believe craps stinks long before you get near it

You canít fix stupid. But you can take their money.

Nice vid barstoolguru! His g17 was a gen3 but all your info applies to his problem.

some of the problems cross over like limp wristing BUT late model gen 3's and early model gen 4's used a different type of ejectors and extractors and this has caused problems with ejecting

I borrowed this from another site to show the difference in a glock extractor and a lone wolf one

After speaking with Glock customer service yesterday, he recommended I take some fine steel wool to my Gen4 extractor to smooth out the finish a bit and see if that would improve the fit.
    I did as he suggested, but during the process, received my Lone Wolf 9mm extractor. While the steel wool DIimprove the fit of the Gen4 extractor, I noticed some
    small, yet OBVIOUS differences between the Lone Wolf version and the Glock version. In fact, the Lone Wolf extractor looked and fit EXACTLY like the extractor in my older Gen3 G19. The Gen4 Glock extractor has the obvious dip that others have mentioned as well as some extra ridges that don't exist on the older Gen3 extractor and the Lone Wolf version
    new glock 17 falure to eject-glockandlonewolfextractors.jpgnew glock 17 falure to eject-castingmarks.jpg
    Last edited by barstoolguru; 12-02-2012 at 09:08 PM.
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

I am not a pessimist; I am a realist- I believe craps stinks long before you get near it

You canít fix stupid. But you can take their money.

I would shoot some more before monkeying with things that may cause more problems...at least rule out the limp wristing...
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    rowabi

RMD
    Definitely rule out your grip before you try anything else.

I clean my Glocks after each use. Doesn't take long and there's no harm in doing so.
    i might know something

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    ................I clean my Glocks after each use. Doesn't take long and there's no harm in doing so.
    Ditto...It's not like you're gonna wear it out by cleaning it, lol
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    rowabi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors