Why won't my Glock 43 reset.....9x out of 10x this is the reason....

This is a discussion on Why won't my Glock 43 reset.....9x out of 10x this is the reason.... within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Hi. I have to admit coming from larger Glocks to a new Glock 43 I demonstrated my ignorance after I installed a new Ghost connect ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ElGlocko1
  • 1 Post By ElGlocko1

Thread: Why won't my Glock 43 reset.....9x out of 10x this is the reason....

Hi. I have to admit coming from larger Glocks to a new Glock 43 I demonstrated my ignorance after I installed a new Ghost connect (that has since been replaced by the stock OEM connector), re-assembled the frame, and then couldn't figure out why the trigger was not resetting properly. I was totally baffled....it's was yep.... the crucible front leg was not sitting under the tab (trigger spring bearing) but over. When it installed correctly you should only be able to see 4 out of 5 of the trigger housing with ejector stock number. Maybe this has been covered, hopefully it has but to spare new Glock 43 owners a lot of aggravation, I thought I would pass on again.
    Last edited by ElGlocko1; 11-15-2016 at 08:06 PM.
    t4terrific likes this.

Why won't my Glock 43 reset.....9x out of 10x this is the reason....-g43-crucible-i-slot_zps9vpgrgsv.jpg

My thanks to the AR15 forum where this photo was originally uploaded.
    Last edited by ElGlocko1; 11-15-2016 at 08:04 PM.
    t4terrific likes this.

The problem with Glocks is that they are so easy to work on that everyone thinks they are an armorer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Good information. Fixing things is what some of us do. The internet makes it a lot less hassle.

I won't fiddle with my glock its my CCW
    Why mess with "Glock Perfection"?
    Glock 26

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    I had a Glock Armorer tear down my malfunctioning new G19 and set the spring in wrong at a GSSF match. 2 weeks later at the next match another armorer caught it. Neither one of them caught the defective ejector. My brother did with a phone pic (not an armorer) I changed it out with an $11 part.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    I had a Glock Armorer tear down my malfunctioning new G19 and set the spring in wrong at a GSSF match. 2 weeks later at the next match another armorer caught it. Neither one of them caught the defective ejector. My brother did with a phone pic (not an armorer) I changed it out with an $11 part.
    I bought a used Glock with a broken ejector.

Got it real cheap, too. I'm glad the seller tried to pawn off his defective Glock at a ridiculously low price.

If something's too cheap, one should assume there's something wrong with it.

At the same time, the person buying a defective item has no responsibility to warn the seller that the defect is an $8 repair before buying.

That said, a gun with a broken ejector apparently "works flawlessly, and never gave me any trouble", said the guy selling his Glock for $375.

Sponsored Links