Glock 26 jam

This is a discussion on Glock 26 jam within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; In the last week I have purchased a new Glock 26. I have fired about 300 rounds of Remingto UMC. In that time I have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock 26 jam

Glock 26 jam

In the last week I have purchased a new Glock 26. I have fired about 300 rounds of Remingto UMC. In that time I have now had four jams.

The problem is that the empty remains in the ejector and the new round is jammed just below the chamber and the new round is damaged.

I have asked the gunsmith,where I purchased the new pistol, and he said I need to fire about 500 rounds before it is broken in. He also said I may not be grasping the weapon firmly enough which would prevent the pistol from properly ejecting the empty. This seems odd to me since I purchased the weapon for my personal protection! At what point can I feel secure that the handgun will fire. I am thinking I purchased the wrong handgun.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Werlcome Wayno. What is your background with shooting? Are you new or have you been shooting for a while. I do agree with the gunsmith at least with the information you have provided. It is possible that you have limp wristed some shots causing the casing to not eject properly. I would suggest that you continue your break in. Make sure you take some breakfree or the oil of your choice and oil it up a little when you are shooting. It's important to keep your wrist straight at all times. Let your arm absorb the recoil.
    deepconceal likes this.

I have had my G20 for not even two weeks, and during that time I have about 150 rounds through it. I had one jam on Sunday and I though that I had bent the ejector, but that was not the case, It was just a jam. It is normal for a break in period. I would change the ammo first and see if you have the same problem, if you still have the problem take it back to the gunsmith and have him shoot some rounds through it and see if he can repeat the problem.

Welcome...I'm inclined to believe grip first, and possibly ammo 2nd...get the rounds thru it, and you'll be in love...
    deepconceal likes this.
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    rowabi

RMD
    Strong grip is your friend, although limp wristing a sub-compact is not very common. None of my Glocks have required a break-in period to function properly...just smooths things out a bit.

G26 is one of the most awesomest carry pistols ever made and will serve you well. I'd suspect the ammo or grip before looking at a defective G26 - although it's possible.

Another thing since this is happening, it would be a good time to work on failure recovery, Make sure you can clear the misfire or misfeed and get back in the game with a running weapon. Try not to think about what happened and why but more on fix it and move on.

+1 on the weapon clearing practice...
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    rowabi

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    Another thing since this is happening, it would be a good time to work on failure recovery, Make sure you can clear the misfire or misfeed and get back in the game with a running weapon. Try not to think about what happened and why but more on fix it and move on.
    Well said ZombieKiller. This is just as important as any thing else. When the situation arises and you have trouble you need to be ready to fix the problem and get back in the fight.

RMD
    Tap Rack Bang FTW

Reading around the different Glock forums, it seems the Remington UMC ammo may play a big part in the issue, or not. But it is something to think about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors