Seal 1 CLP

This is a discussion on Seal 1 CLP within the Glock Troubleshooting and Maintenance forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I know quite a few folks like to use FrogLube to clean, lube and protect their glocks. New stuff on the block called Seal 1 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Seal 1 CLP

srk

Seal 1 CLP

I know quite a few folks like to use FrogLube to clean, lube and protect their glocks. New stuff on the block called Seal 1 CLP. Like FrogLube, it comes in paste or liquid and works best when applied to warm parts...like FrogLube. Have not given it a try and still using Ballistol...but thinking about it. Comments??
    Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm
    M&P Shield 9mm

Si vis pacem, para bellum -
    if you want peace, prepare for war

First I've ever heard of it.

srk
    Ordered and received my Seal 1 CLP Pro Kit. This weekend, I thoroughly cleaned my Gen 4 Glock 19 using Ballistol, and then removed residual Ballistol from the gun... AND my cleaning tools… using rubbing alcohol. I then heated the slide, barrel, and metal slide guides on the frame and then applied the Seal 1 CLP paste to those heated parts. I also found that a basic 2-speed, no frills heat gun works more effectively than a hair blower when heating metal parts to a 'hot to the touch' condition. Will report back after my next shoot. As the gun heats up from shooting, I expect to see a thin liquid film of Seal 1 CLP to appear on the treated metal parts.
    Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm
    M&P Shield 9mm

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Lone Wolf gave me a sample when I ordered a barrel. I haven't tried it. I cleaned with Hoppes solvent, and lubed with Fluid Film.

In a nut shell, here is a Physics/Chemisty Lesson for gun lovers. :>)

I think most any gun steel will absorb most any oil of low viscosity when the steel and the oil is heated. The principle behind this is the steel's pores open when it is heated thus allowing the oil to be absorbed because the heated oil is thinner. When the steel cools it traps the oil inside its pores and then releases it again when it gets hot during shooting, thus keeping it's contact points lubricated.

Also, if the pores are full of oil, it makes the steel harder to attract/absorb carbon fouling and other grime, thereby making it easier to clean or allowing you to clean less often.

Buy what works best for you and what smells the best to your spouse.
    PSmith likes this.

Hoppe's #9 makes me horny, something about the smell.........
    slickrocktom likes this.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A.Lincoln sort of.

Obama-Hillary-Holder-Reed for Prison 2014!

G43 with 4 10rd extend mags with Pierce extensions..........hey! it could happen!

srk
    Haven't shot my Glock…or my Shield 9mm yet, but have given both their second "seasoning" treatment with Seal1 CLP Plus. As soon as I started heating up the metal parts for second treatment using my heat gun, I could see the Seal1 start to sweat out of the metal. And those metal parts were 'dry' to the touch prior to heating. My son will be arriving for Thanksgiving and will be taking him and his weapons out to the range with me. He uses standard CLP products mentioned on this forum and will compare cleanup.
    Glock 19 Gen 4 9mm
    M&P Shield 9mm

I would be careful using a heat gun around heat treated alloys. Might screw with the tempering?
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A.Lincoln sort of.

Obama-Hillary-Holder-Reed for Prison 2014!

G43 with 4 10rd extend mags with Pierce extensions..........hey! it could happen!

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    I would be careful using a heat gun around heat treated alloys. Might screw with the tempering?
    Should be fine as long as he doesn't use a torch. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    I would be concerned about that too. I don't see a need for application for a polymer framed pistol. The only metal exposed are the frame rails.
    Last edited by Fyrtwuck; 11-17-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    NRA Certified
    Pistol Instructor
    Rifle Instructor
    Shotgun Instructor
    Range Safety Officer
    Glock Armorer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors