Indiana Allows Self-Defense Against Unlawful Police Violence

This is a discussion on Indiana Allows Self-Defense Against Unlawful Police Violence within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; I guess the reps in the state of Indiana decided enough is enough and need to put a lid on the number of unwarranted home ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Indiana Allows Self-Defense Against Unlawful Police Violence

Indiana Allows Self-Defense Against Unlawful Police Violence

I guess the reps in the state of Indiana decided enough is enough and need to put a lid on the number of unwarranted home invasion by police and pass a law that says you can defend your home against "public servants"

Owing to the recent militarization of police, an increasing number of families have been terrorized by SWAT teams breaking down their doors only to discover they have targeted the wrong individual or the wrong house. Its high time other states passed similar laws.

According to Bloomberg News, Indiana recently enacted a law specifically allowing the use of force against law enforcement officers. The National Rifle Association pushed for the law, following an unfavorable court decision, to allow homeowners to defend themselves during a violent, unjustified attack.

Indiana Allows Self-Defense Against Unlawful Police Violence - Dr Stuart Jeanne Bramhall - Open Salon
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

Wow. I'm all for defending Hearth and Home and would willingly do everything I can in the event of a home invasion by ANY entity, but you can damn well bet the odds are stacked against you. If you were to fire upon or kill an invading SWAT team you better be ready for "Suicide by police". I'm not saying don't do what you have to, I'm just saying you better be committed because it would not be a friendly understanding environment. We've all seen the gung-ho tactics on youtube video and there are so many publicized cases of abuses of police power, but in the heat of the moment, they have the power and it's only in retrospect that watchdog groups are able to to bring some kind of justice to the families of the assaulted. Don't know what a good solution would be, but I hope I survive if I have to make that decision myself. Just my .02. Oh, first post on this site btw.

-Loco

the law will be twisted but is more of a way to fight the strong armed police tactics that they seem to be applying these days and Indiana Allows Self-Defense Against Unlawful Police Violence-aw.jpg
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I guess the reps in the state of Indiana decided enough is enough and need to put a lid on the number of unwarranted home invasion by police and pass a law that says you can defend your home against "public servants"

Indiana Allows Self-Defense Against Unlawful Police Violence - Dr Stuart Jeanne Bramhall - Open Salon
    Citizens of this great country already have the right to resist an unlawful arrest. The problem lies in who the determining factor on the street is if it's illegal or not? You can be right and possibly dead and your family can benefit, or you can comply and fight it out in court. There are always options. Choose the best that fits your situation.
    rowabi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by locomoconomo View Post
    Wow. I'm all for defending Hearth and Home and would willingly do everything I can in the event of a home invasion by ANY entity, but you can damn well bet the odds are stacked against you. If you were to fire upon or kill an invading SWAT team you better be ready for "Suicide by police". I'm not saying don't do what you have to, I'm just saying you better be committed because it would not be a friendly understanding environment.
    -Loco
    Yep.. just because you can doesn't mean it wouldn't be the stupidest, and last, thing you ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    Citizens of this great country already have the right to resist an unlawful arrest. The problem lies in who the determining factor on the street is if it's illegal or not? You can be right and possibly dead and your family can benefit, or you can comply and fight it out in court. There are always options. Choose the best that fits your situation.
    Well put, ZK...
    Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    rowabi

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    one of the problems are that when the law comes to your house you have to lay down and take it as they go through your stuff, shoot your dog, scare your kids and all you could do was take it. You could file a law suit while they hide behind the law for sloppy work and storm trooper tactics.

I find it disturbing that our law maker law makers have to make a law to keep our own police in their place. This is by definition the same as the right to bear arms. Having the right to protect ONES self against a government is what we all fight to achieve per our constitution. After all the constitution is written to protect the people against the government so this is no different. Local laws are wrote and passed all the time giving the government rights to CONTROL us.

I watched Waco and ruby ridge as OUR government decided what was good for someone else without recourse and I say for one it’s about time we say enough is enough. Look up how many times they storm a home and it was a wrong address or because someone wanted to skip the court system because they had “probable cause”

Yeah barstoolguru, but on the other hand, if someone is busting down my door, I'd be much happier if he's a cop and not robber

I'm not hating but let’s face it the crap of a No-knock warrant when the constitution says you have to have one and then the things they do for their safety and not your, the disrespect to your property is out of hand. I can sit her and post article after article of wrong house invasions by cops because they don't take the time to double check their info

Yeah barstoolguru, but on the other hand, if someone is busting down my door, I'd be much happier if he's a cop and not robber
    not sure if there is a difference; both of them rob you of something and destroy your life

Dang ,around these parts they make sure to call first before even attempting to serve a warrant or even just to drop by to say hello.(Especially after dark)!
    Gen 4 Glock 19
    Gen 3 Glock 26
    Mossberg 500 Persuader
    Hi-Standard "Sentinel Deluxe" .22 Model "R-106"
    "
    To the man that only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."

Luke 22:36 Then he said unto them,But now, he that hath a purse,let him take it , and likewise his scrip :
    and he that hath no sword , let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors