KSL: Utah Lawmakers Approve Concealed Carry for 18 Year Olds

This is a discussion on KSL: Utah Lawmakers Approve Concealed Carry for 18 Year Olds within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; I n a legislative session with many debates on the ability of young adults to think rationally and handle adult decisions, lawmakers approved legislation that ...

I
    n a legislative session with many debates on the ability of young adults to think rationally and handle adult decisions, lawmakers approved legislation that would create a provisional concealed carry permit for its youngest adults.

Rep. Karianne Lisonbee, R-Syracuse, sponsored HB198, a bill she described as an effort to protect college-age women who feel vulnerable to sexual assault.

"Twenty to 25 percent of our college-aged women over the course of a typical undergraduate career will be victim to a completed or attempted forcible rape," said Sen. Todd Weiler, R-Woods Cross, the bill's Senate sponsor. "A group of 18- to 20-year-old women brought this bill idea to Rep. Lisonbee. They wanted to be able to defend themselves."

Weiler said the use of a weapon ranked as the most effective means of defending against attempted rape.

Utah is going to be a test subject for the rest of the country

Lawmakers approve concealed firearms for 18-year-olds | KSL.com
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I got a concealed carry license in Indiana when I was 18 (mid 1990s)...not sure if they do it anymore. If I remember correctly, I got it the same day I applied with a simple background check. Was pink paper with no picture.

Was an awesome deal...I really commend any state or person that will "buck the system" if it makes sense.

The biggest issue was you can't go out and binge buy pistols...parents act as a filter. Also, freaking walmart wouldn't sell me any pistol ammo even with the CC license!
    Gen 3 Glocks: 23, 29, 30
    Gen 4 Glocks: 17, 19, 21, 26, 34, 43

US Navy 1998 - TBD

Sponsored Links