Glock Forum banner

NRA Launches NRA Carry Guard Concealed Carry Training & Insurance Program -

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kj4963 
#1 ·
The NRA has unveiled a new concealed carry training program and insurance plan dubbed the NRA Carry Guard ahead of its annual meetings in Atlanta later this week. -

Meanwhile, the insurance plan for the NRA Carry Guard program will be available in three different membership tiers: bronze, silver and gold. Basically, it’s a way for those with legal issues to be financially protected. The policy holder gets reimbursed once charges are dropped or a not guilty verdict is rendered in a criminal or civil case. The plan also covers bail, a lawyer retainer, gun replacement, lost pay during court dates,

psychological support and cleanup costs. A 24-hour hotline for reporting incidents, free coverage for spouses and a subscription to a new magazine called “NRA Carry Guard Magazine” is also included, the Washington Free Beacon says. - See more at: NRA Launches NRA Carry Guard Concealed Carry Training & Insurance Program
13.95-31.95 a month.....deal or dud?

NRA Launches NRA Carry Guard Concealed Carry Training & Insurance Program

#4 ·
13.95-31.95 a month.....deal or dud?
Sounds like good training, developed by some really tacti-cool guys...excited to see the curriculum I am a NRA instructor and military...first i've heard of this program. Hope they solicit me to get trained to instruct this class when it is fully launched. I think it would be very useful - more useful than the basics of pistol 8 hour class. I'm sure it will be fairly cost prohibitive for most people though...would be in the $500+ range for a multi-day class with decent range time (basic 1 day class with minimal shooting is $100-$125 in my area).

On the insurance - close to $400 per year for the gold plan isn't too bad. I've heard nightmare stories on making a claim on the firearms insurance though...anyone have first hand experience?

#5 ·
After looking into the CarryGuard training and insurance a little more I have decided "dud".

CarryGuard is “reimbursement after acquittal” (Other than the 20% legal retainer amount) you have to pre-fund the defense and do not get paid back if there is a plea bargain or lesser charge conviction. Also, you do not get the legal fees used to manage a case that never goes to trial. Some competitors, such as USCCA offer up front payment with no obligation to return the $$ no matter how the case turns out.

NRA also "banned" all other competition from the annual convention a few days ago. I see this as either NRA is planning on a 2A compromise where insurance is required for gun owners/carrying...or they are trying to get in a bunch of different swim lanes.

Bottom line, another NRA money-grab that I have no interest in pursuing.

The training looks like it is fantastic (by NRA standards)...but curious about the cost - if it is several hundred it better compare very favorable with proven courses offered by Front Sight, Thunder Ranch, etc. I am TBD on that...my enthusiasm has scaled way back after doing some poking around.

#7 ·
Yeah, i thought the whole point of insurance was to cover your assets against liabilities.

This program would be the equivalent to getting in a car accident, but then self-funding a new car, medical payments, and getting back on your feet (and the other person back on their feet) from the money in your savings.

I would think most people don't have the money to pay a competent attorney to defend you (5 figures easy)...and then hope for reimbursement at some point

HUGE dud!

#8 ·
I think someone at the N.R.A. got their hands pretty well greased up by some crooked insurance company to sign for this scam.
Won't pay if not guilty????? What the heck is this about?
I would think the idea of having the insurance is to pay a lawyer to defend you to get the charges dropped.
No, They can take this scam and shove it where the sun don't shine.
I will NOT give up my membership in the N.R.A. because they are still the very best thing we have in Washington for our 2nd. amendment protection.
As far as the insurance scam, No way.
Ronnie

#9 ·
It seems, most of the "insurance " type services, like uscca, and armed citizens network. Don't really do anything, you would have to find your own attorney, and then they might help you with expenses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.