BACKWARDS? Obama Drove Gun Sales Over The Top: Now Sales Plummet As Trump Steps Up

BACKWARDS? Obama Drove Gun Sales Over The Top: Now Sales Plummet As Trump Steps Up

This is a discussion on BACKWARDS? Obama Drove Gun Sales Over The Top: Now Sales Plummet As Trump Steps Up within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; The the most ironic of results, anti-gun President Obama drives gun sales to an all-time high with 19 months of straight increases in background checks, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: BACKWARDS? Obama Drove Gun Sales Over The Top: Now Sales Plummet As Trump Steps Up

The the most ironic of results, anti-gun President Obama drives gun sales to an all-time high with 19 months of straight increases in background checks, accelerating as the prospect of another President Clinton approached.

People Have Stopped Buying Guns Since Trump Took Office

Now, gun supporting President Trump vows to support the Second Amendment and gun sales have been dropping ever since he stepped into the Oval Office.

It makes sense as freedom loving Americans feared the restricted ability to purchase firearms and the increased possibility of there being a good reason to need one.

According to the New York Post:
    what was once a booming business is now flooded with product

BACKWARDS? Obama Drove Gun Sales Over The Top: Now Sales Plummet As Trump Steps Up - LPP
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Same with ammunition...people were panic buying EVERYTHING and manufacturers were kicking stuff out the door 7 days a week. People bought their "lifetime" supply of guns/ammo in the past couple years...now budgets are blown.

These ARE the "good ol days"...prices are going down by the day...dollar cost average your magazines/ammo/gun collections. If the past is any indicator of the future, it is going to swing the other way pretty dramatically. Stock up now, boys!
    Last edited by coltm723; 05-16-2017 at 01:15 AM.
    BBtruck likes this.
    Gen 3 Glocks: 23, 29, 30
    Gen 4 Glocks: 17, 19, 21, 26, 34, 43

US Navy 1998 - TBD

I've picked up several guns and parts at exceptional prices. I love it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    what was once a booming business is now flooded with product

BACKWARDS? Obama Drove Gun Sales Over The Top: Now Sales Plummet As Trump Steps Up - LPP
    This is true, but look at the positive side, if Clinton would have got in we would be jumping thru our ass to buy anything we could and probable by
    now our 2nd Amendment would be in jeopardy , let us enjoy while we can.

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coltm723 View Post
    Same with ammunition...people were panic buying EVERYTHING and manufacturers were kicking stuff out the door 7 days a week. People bought their "lifetime" supply of guns/ammo in the past couple years...now budgets are blown.

These ARE the "good ol days"...prices are going down by the day...dollar cost average your magazines/ammo/gun collections. If the past is any indicator of the future, it is going to swing the other way pretty dramatically. Stock up now, boys!
    Last time I was in this big LGS the Amend2 AR mags were $12.99. They used to sell for $6.99 or $7.99. Closer to the election the prices kept rising. I checked and they didn't go down. I try not to do business with them. I have a bunch of Wolf Gold in .223. The most I ever paid was $319+16 shipped. It's now $279+shipping for 1000. These schmucks had it for $398+ our wonderful 9.25% sales tax. The Wolf is sealed on both ends, and boat tail. Accurate stuff.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    Last time I was in this big LGS the Amend2 AR mags were $12.99. They used to sell for $6.99 or $7.99. Closer to the election the prices kept rising. I checked and they didn't go down. I try not to do business with them. I have a bunch of Wolf Gold in .223. The most I ever paid was $319+16 shipped. It's now $279+shipping for 1000. These schmucks had it for $398+ our wonderful 9.25% sales tax. The Wolf is sealed on both ends, and boat tail. Accurate stuff.
    I tend to avoid the big box LGS unless it is something i need immediately. There are a few smaller stores with decent prices, but if i had to pay 9.25% sales tax i would do all my shopping online! I routinely see AR mags online for 7-8 each if bought in bulk - but LGS still asks 15-16 each!

Wolf gold is great stuff...it is 223 loaded to near 5.56 specs. I may need to buy a few more cases at 280 per thousand!
    NunquamNonParatus likes this.

US Navy 1998 - TBD

I just bought guns because I wanted to buy the guns I bought. No POTUS had anything to do with me buying or not buying.
    Semper Fi.

#L1C4

G17
    G42

I'm a Democrat and love my guns,that's a fact!

For sure right now is "the good old days." Damn! Saw an upper, and a lower from PSA that would be less than $475 with Magpul furniture put together.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    For sure right now is "the good old days." Damn! Saw an upper, and a lower from PSA that would be less than $475 with Magpul furniture put together.
    I have a giant stack of PSA waiting for me when i return home next month! Magazines are the biggest shocker to me...when you buy the package deals, the PMAGs work out to like $6-7 each. I plan to save some money for the upcoming memorial day and July 4th sales!

US Navy 1998 - TBD

Quote Originally Posted by coltm723 View Post
    I have a giant stack of PSA waiting for me when i return home next month! Magazines are the biggest shocker to me...when you buy the package deals, the PMAGs work out to like $6-7 each. I plan to save some money for the upcoming memorial day and July 4th sales!
    My problems are.
    1. got married
    2. need to build a house
    3. just got a Champion 52 gun safe. It's jammed beyond capacity in the long guns.
    4. I am waiting for TDOC to call for a home inspection so I can move the wife up from Florida.

All my guns, and ammo are leaving the premises.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links