gun battle with homeowner leave two dead (this just happened this afternoon)

This is a discussion on gun battle with homeowner leave two dead (this just happened this afternoon) within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; Two would-be robbers shot dead in Maypearl The story is still in the rough but it’s looking like a 17 year old and an acquaintance ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: gun battle with homeowner leave two dead (this just happened this afternoon)

gun battle with homeowner leave two dead (this just happened this afternoon)

Two would-be robbers shot dead in Maypearl
    The story is still in the rough but it’s looking like a 17 year old and an acquaintance stole a bunch of guns from his parents’ house. They drove from Oklahoma down into Texas and looked for a house to rob. they picked the wrong house, the woman’s husband was pulling in the driveway when he got a call from his wife saying someone was trying to break in. as he approached the home he open fired on the two and a gun battle broke out

Two would-be robbers shot dead in Maypearl - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

Reminds me of that saying, Don't mess with Texas.
    Oldcop likes this.
    Semper Fortis

This is the news from Oklahoma, interview with the father from yesterday and an update from today. the kid wasn't playing with all the guns he had

UPDATE: Armed runaway teen’s truck involved in deadly Texas shootout | KFOR.com
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

God bless Texas! And Ellis County law enforcement for their attitude.

There are some very interesting-to-read the comments below the second link that BSG provides. Many are saying that the kid who actually stole the guns was "a good kid". These people seem to be of the opinion that he really wasn't "armed and dangerous" even though he stole a bunch of guns plus 1,000 - 1,500 rounds of ammunition from his parents as well as their truck. Instead, according to them, he was a good kid who just had some "problems".

Aside from not killing his parents, isn't what this kid did exactly like what the lunatic in Sandy Hook did just before he killed over two dozen people at the school (including twenty 6-7 year old children)? I wonder if the people commenting beneath the article have the same opinion of that kid? Was he also a good kid who just had some problems?
    Last edited by JohnL; 03-20-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    "Missed it by that much." Maxwell Smart, Agent 86. (And me at the range).

Mental health has been brushed under the rug for years, just give the kids drugs and write it off that "they just have some problems" it's time parents start acting like parents and take responsibility for there kids and get them help they NEED, it's nothing to be ashamed about if your son or daughter needs help. My girlfriend works at a pre school and I hear stories of children that clearly need help and the parents write it off as "oh there slow learners ect." Next thing you know the kid goes to a public school, gets picked up for being waaaay behind and having developmental issues and flys off the handle, off course doctors will feed the kids riddlin and all kinda I drugs first. I saw online a while back that all these mass shooters were on similar medication. Parents need to stop caring about Facebook and there social lives and take care if there kids.
    Sorry for the rant it's just disturbing and gets worse everyday.

Correct your kids now or they will be corrected by prison guards !
    JohnL likes this.
    Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Was he carrying 1000-1500 rounds on him? Might be possible with .22LR but I can't imagine doing that with a .45 cal

Quote Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
    Was he carrying 1000-1500 rounds on him? Might be possible with .22LR but I can't imagine doing that with a .45 cal
    The article said 9 handguns, 6 rifles, 2 shotguns and 1500 -2000 rounds of ammunition. (Not saying that news people ever bother to check accuracy but that is what the story in the second link said.)
    "Missed it by that much." Maxwell Smart, Agent 86. (And me at the range).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    Many are saying that the kid who actually stole the guns was "a good kid".
    (
    JohnL, I don't know if this is a widespread thing, but it is almost a given in Texas, frequently mothers seem to think their kids can do no wrong. I don't mean that in a pointed or ugly manner. You can unfortunately set high odds that when a kid gets in trouble here, within 24 hours, the parent(s) will be on tv saying their kid is a good, hard working kid, with Quanell X standing next to them shouting and being very dramatic to try to get media attention (he's a local guy, akin to Jessie Jackson). "My baby would never do no wrong. He worked 2 jobs, and drove me to church every Sunday..."

I don't know if the parents are just THAT out of touch, or simply are in that much denial.

I remember telling my daughter when she was a teen, that if she ever landed in jail, I would not bail her out. I would visit her, and ensure she got a good lawyer, and help her make sure the facts were examined. But if she was guilty, I would not sugar glaze it.
    Dub1973 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors