An unarmed 17 year old...

This is a discussion on An unarmed 17 year old... within the Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Off Topic category; An unarmed 17 year old punches an older, larger, armed man. The punch knocks the man down and the 17 year old child gets on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: An unarmed 17 year old...

An unarmed 17 year old...

An unarmed 17 year old punches an older, larger, armed man.
    The punch knocks the man down and the 17 year old child gets
    on top of him and begins punching him. The man's head is over
    concrete...

Sound familiar so far?

In this story, the man does not draw his weapon and save his own life.
    He goes unconscious and the 17 year old child continues to punch him.

2012: Teen accused in El Paso police officer's death charged with capital murder (updated with mug shot) - El Paso Times

Look how sweet. I bet he likes Skittles.

2012: Teen accused in El Paso police officer's death charged with
    capital murder (updated with mug shot)
    By Adriana M. Chávez / El Paso Times El Paso Times
    Posted: ElpasoTimes.com
    The 17-year-old arrested in the violent beating death of an El Paso police officer last month is now
    charged with capital murder, court records show.
    A state district court grand jury indicted Juan Antonio Gonzalez on Tuesday in connection with the brutal
    beating of Officer Jonathan Molina, 29, on Sept. 25 on a Central El Paso street. Molina died nine days
    after the attack.
    Because of his age, Gonzalez is not eligible for the death penalty. If convicted, he faces an automatic
    lifetime prison sentence.
    According to complaint affidavits filed by homicide detectives, Molina saw a young man use a key to
    scratch his silver Pontiac Grand Prix in the early evening of Sept. 25 as the teens were walking on a
    sidewalk on Trowbridge Drive.
    Molina got into his car, drove to where the teenagers were and parked at the curb in the 4100 block of
    Trowbridge Drive to confront the boys about the vandalism. The affidavits state Molina identified himself
    as a police officer and was acting in his capacity as a police officer even though he was not in uniform.
    Sometime during the confrontation, Molina asked a bystander to call 911.
    While Molina was talking, Gonzalez "struck the victim on the face and then grabbed his legs and threw
    him to the concrete. (Gonzalez) then got on top of the victim and continued to punch him in the face," the
    document states.
    Police said that Molina was knocked unconscious when his head hit the ground, and that Gonzalez
    continued the assault despite Molina's being unable to defend himself.
    Gonzalez ran off when witnesses
    went to help Molina, who was taken by ambulance to a hospital in critical condition.
    Officers searching the area for Molina's assailants found Gonzalez a short distance away near an
    apartment complex where Gonzalez lived and arrested him. Juan Antonio Gomez, who was with
    Gonzalez and another man during the attack, allegedly admitted to police that he scratched Molina's car
    and had been confronted by Molina, who pushed Gonzalez away sometime during the confrontation.
    In reaction to being pushed, Gonzalez allegedly punched Molina in the face with his fist, stunning the
    officer.
    According to court documents, Molina suffered a fractured skull, internal head injuries and multiple facial
    fractures. Investigators also found that Molina's car had scratches on the right side, the hood and the rear
    bumper.
    Molina had been with the Police Department for four years and was a patrol officer in the Central Regional
    Command. Before joining the department, Molina did tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan with the Marine
    Corps.

life imitating life
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

I hate reading sickening stories like this one. It seems that thugs don't just rough people up a bit and leave but try to do the absolute worst they can.
    Last edited by Jordanjf86; 07-25-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    NName591 and Dub1973 like this.
    “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” Jeremiah‬ 17‬:7-8‬

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanjf86 View Post
    I hate reading sickening stories like this one. It seems that thugs don't just rough people up a bit and leave but try to do the absolute worst they can.
    a agree but they reinforce what we as armed citizens have to watch out for, we do learn from others mistakes
    Dub1973 likes this.
    nothing re-wires a human more effectively than pain, fear and, especially, trauma.

Denial is a save-now-pay-later scheme, a contract written entirely in small print, for in the long run, the denying person knows the truth on some level.

This is f%@$ing crap! What, 4 more months and he'd be eligible for the death penalty?! So what! Fry that little s%@t so the tax payers don't have to support him for the rest of his life. This officer served his community and our country and this is what he gets!!! ARRGGGG!!!!!!! I'm so pissed right now!!!!

I nope he mouths off to the wrong guy in prison and someone does the same to him!

make him and all like him the subject of the testing range in smyrna georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by lineman475 View Post
    This is f%@$ing crap! What, 4 more months and he'd be eligible for the death penalty?! So what! Fry that little s%@t so the tax payers don't have to support him for the rest of his life. This officer served his community and our country and this is what he gets!!! ARRGGGG!!!!!!! I'm so pissed right now!!!!
    It would be because of the Constitution that he doesn't go...sorry, but that's a hard line on that one. I'm guessing the fore fathers might have rethought this one...well, maybe. They were a smart group - I'd like to hear from them, as to why not.

Quote Originally Posted by NName591 View Post
    It would be because of the Constitution that he doesn't go...sorry, but that's a hard line on that one. I'm guessing the fore fathers might have rethought this one...well, maybe. They were a smart group - I'd like to hear from them, as to why not.
    You have a point. But I doubt they never had to deal with the heinous people that we do now days.
    Would be nice to see how they deal with this situation.

I hope they give him a big jar of Vaseline. He's going to need it.
    Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors