My frist Ruger AR-556 Rifle. - Page 2

My frist Ruger AR-556 Rifle.

This is a discussion on My frist Ruger AR-556 Rifle. within the Other Firearms forums, part of the Other Firearm Forums category; Long video. Not really up to date....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: My frist Ruger AR-556 Rifle.

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Long video. Not really up to date.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by coltm723 View Post
    Nice purchase...now you can get bit by the AR bug and go spend triple your initial investment decking it out with bullshit.

-Good CHF barrel with a nice aluminum "railed" handguard - i like M-LOK
    -Magpul flip-up sites
    -Good ergonomic Magpul Stock
    -Polish the trigger or get a 2-stage
    -Optics will quadruple the initial price - aim point or MRO = 400-500
    -Also can caliber convert to almost anything imaginable
    -50 or so mags just incase

In all seriousness, enjoy! These things are as addictive as Glocks...and multiply similarly.
    Not I!
    Semper Fi.

#L1C4

G17
    G42

I'm a Democrat and love my guns,that's a fact!

Quote Originally Posted by ifithitu View Post
    Not I!
    Strong willed!

To me, guns are like chips..."once you pop, you can't stop"
    Gen 3 Glocks: 23, 29, 30
    Gen 4 Glocks: 17, 19, 21, 26, 34, 43

US Navy 1998 - TBD

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Did you have any trouble getting the 7.62x39 upper to run? I hear they are finicky with mags and gas settings...and bolts shear easily.
    This thing poked the same hole at 60yds back at Christmas 3 times before the $21 red dot shook loose. For the bolt? Several out there. I got the bolt only from these guys. Hard to find the damned thing. Their website sucks. They ship fast. I like the looks of the chrome set up. Out of stock since I found them. Maybe never again?

https://thebuffalo.us/shop/standard-...phate-7-62x39/
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by NunquamNonParatus View Post
    This thing poked the same hole at 60yds back at Christmas 3 times before the $21 red dot shook loose. For the bolt? Several out there. I got the bolt only from these guys. Hard to find the damned thing. Their website sucks. They ship fast. I like the looks of the chrome set up. Out of stock since I found them. Maybe never again?
    I went with 300BO upper since parts are common to the 556 AR. My buddy wants to do a 7.62x39 build, so we are looking for all the real world reports we can get.

My feeling: if you want to shoot shitty surplus 7.62x39, get an AK/SKS ... If you buy good quality 7.62x39, you may as well buy 300BO and have more weight options and more commonality

US Navy 1998 - TBD

I went with 300BO upper since parts are common to the 556 AR. My buddy wants to do a 7.62x39 build, so we are looking for all the real world reports we can get.

My feeling: if you want to shoot shitty surplus 7.62x39, get an AK/SKS ... If you buy good quality 7.62x39, you may as well buy 300BO and have more weight options and more commonality
    I have a I.O. AK. It beat the snot out of my shoulder. The midlength AR47 is a bunch lighter on the recoil. I have shot some of the Yugo corrosive. I see no point to buying it. I buy the lacquered Wolf military, Golden Tiger etc. This is supposed to be good stuff. SGA TulaAmmo 7.62x39 8m3 HP ClearBallistics Test - The AK Files Forums

My 47's are just like my AR15's. BAD levers, Magpul furniture, etc. 300 is too much $$$ I am willing the PSA upper is a bunch more accurate than the AK.

This guy is a fucking mute!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevek65 View Post
    Mutant?????

Quote Originally Posted by Stevek65 View Post
    Guy started an exciting thread and is barely participating?

US Navy 1998 - TBD

Guy started an exciting thread and is barely participating?
    he is honey mooning with Morgan Fairchild
    MisterMills357 likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links