Glock Forum banner

Finally shot my new XD-S...wow...I love this thing.!!!

5K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  rowabi 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally, guys...No range time, but I did get to the woods to do a function check with both mags, as well as a short reliability session. The gun shoots to point of aim at about 7 yards, which is all the distance I was concerned about in the woods. Not a hiccup...smooth as silk. You realize you're shooting a .45, but the gun is very manageable, even shooting rapid fire...easy to stay on target... and fun to shoot. No animals were injured in the making of this report, but a sports drink bottle was destroyed, as well as a small sapling...(sorry, to all the tree huggers ). The fiber optic front sight is great...Actual range time and report forthcoming...I've got to get another one...this thing is great...
My new EDC ... ?
Underwater Water Marine biology Fish Fin

See less See more
#6 ·
Glad you enjoyed the XD i saw 1 in a shop the other day kinda got my attention but didnt get it,,,, i dont need any more at this time,,,i like shooting my G21 sf as well as my G19 it shard beating a nice day at the range,,, well maybe some nice fishing any case glad you got the XD

#11 · (Edited)
Now you have gone and got me interested in an XD-S rowabi. Can you spot me a loan to buy one? BTW what are they selling for?

Here is a review I found: Springfield Armory XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro
Good review...Thanks...I was originally told by my LGS that they would be $499 + tax...I got out the door for $565...not too far off. I hear the prices are all over the board. I would think that one could be had well under $600

#12 ·
Makes me wonder for that price range if I would get the 50 cal upper that I have no use for or the XD-S that would be a CCW? Ah, the problems of life!

#15 ·
Wish they had done this sooner...S&W hit a big-un with the Shield...I believe that compact single stacks are about to get in big demand... Right now, in .45, the XD-S has no equal, for what it is...tomorrow the new "next best thing" may supplant it, but not today...I stand by that, and I approved this message...lol... :cool:

#20 ·
Personal preference, no real experience with them ... I've heard good things too...I do like the XDM's, and almost got the 3.8 in .45, but the XD-S came out and I was fortunate to get my hands on one. I love that little 6 rounder...

#21 · (Edited)
rowabi,
First congratulations on a nice piece of hardware and a wonderful addition to any CCW collection...:)
That being said I passed on it and please understand this is just my personal thinking and preferences ...
When the first Walter PPS came out I was one of the first in my area to buy one , it was flat cancelable and shot well , but for me the same thing that made PPS attractive started becoming a problem for me the sliminess' of the grip made the recoil shaper and over time felt uncomfortable , I sold it and realized for me , I don't mind slimness in slide and frame but there is a point that slimness in the grip for me becomes counter productive... With that in mind I passed on the little gem from Springfield ...

#22 ·
I hear ya... It's not perfect, but we sometimes have to give a little here to get a lot there...that's the beauty of the XD-S...slim, small, and powerful...I don't have a problem with the recoil (fairly tame for a .45 that size) . And I won't be shooting 2-3 boxes out of it everytime I go shooting, as it's a small CC, and that's what I use it for, so that's not an issue for me. It does have me hungry for a baby 10mike mike, though. The Gen4 G29 is looking good about now...lol

#25 ·
After much consideration of the comments above, it has dawned upon my noggin' that as beautiful this XD-S appears right now, with all of it's great points, it's still not a truly "proven" weapon...like Glocks are...It's lifespan, endurance, and overall dependability are still in question...as it is with any other new weapon on the market. Hmmm..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.