What kind of cheap bulk ammo do y'all shoot?

This is a discussion on What kind of cheap bulk ammo do y'all shoot? within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the The Armory category; Looking for the best bang for the buck. Kinda interested in the Aguila ammo. Can get it for about $220/1000 shipped. Anybody use it?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Looking for the best bang for the buck. Kinda interested in the Aguila ammo. Can get it for about $220/1000 shipped. Anybody use it?

From the general consensus is that Aquila is low grade and somewhat dirty ammo. There are a lot of sites that offer good deals but from what I read the price of ammo is going up in the New Year. Lucky gunner.com is one that seems to come up often

Remember the price between a 220.00 dollar deal and a 235.00 deal on a 1000 rounds is only less than 1 cent per round so are you going to want to do that much extra cleaning to save a penny per round
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I have used Aquila, have 1K rounds of it in stock. Mostly use Federal Champion and WWB from Wally World. Liking American Eagle lately, a little more expensive though. The dirtiest I have used is Privi Partizan. Shot a 50 round box through my G20 and it looked like I shot 1000 rounds.
    Glocks: 17, 19 FDE, 20SF, 21, 22, 23, 31

NRA Life Member.
    Not offended.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    From the general consensus is that Aquila is low grade and somewhat dirty ammo. There are a lot of sites that offer good deals but from what I read the price of ammo is going up in the New Year. Lucky gunner.com is one that seems to come up often

Remember the price between a 220.00 dollar deal and a 235.00 deal on a 1000 rounds is only less than 1 cent per round so are you going to want to do that much extra cleaning to save a penny per round

Lucky Gunner is also located in Tennessee, so to go along with shipping it also costs me a 10% sales tax.

i have used aquilla and did not like it. misfires and jams mostly. i stick with remington usualy from dicks or bass pro when its on sale. there is plenty of good ammo out there, winchester, lawman, federal, american eagle, hornady, corbon, blazer, etc as far as price usually with the shipipng anything you save is small.

I would shoot AM and WWB all day long through my G22. I shoot 100rounds of Aguila 9mm in a nonGlock and it was fine but I would pay alittle more to get better ammo. Just my opinion.

The kind I make in my garage on my Dillon 550B!

RMD
    I like to buy Speer Lawman (124gr) by the case. It was $.23/round last time I stocked up from sgammo.
    i might know something

Over the past few years I have bought cases of each of the cheaper FMJ ammo.I'm on my second case of Aguila 9mm 124gr.FMJ.No issues so far.Actually,through my Glocks,I've haven't had any issues with any cheap ammo.
    Gen 2 G19
    Gen 2.5 G21
    Gen 3 G30
    Gen 3 G37
    Gen 4 G26
    Gen 4 G17
    Gen 4 G23

The last 1000 rounds of 9mm I bought was Independance, although a little dirty not a bad range ammo.
    The last 1000 rounds of .40 was Federal and well you know how that shoots. All these were the lowest prices I found at that time per 1000.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links