Blaster ammo from Freedom Munitions

This is a discussion on Blaster ammo from Freedom Munitions within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the The Armory category; Freedom Munitions manufactures both new and reloaded ammo for most calibers, including 50BMG. Their "Blaster" line is practice ammo they call "blemished" as it doesn't ...

Freedom Munitions manufactures both new and reloaded ammo for most calibers, including 50BMG. Their "Blaster" line is practice ammo they call "blemished" as it doesn't meet something in their inspection process. I had ordered 500 rounds of their 9mm 115gr FMJ for the princely sum of $106 shipped to my home in west TN. They say on their website that Blaster is packaged loose in boxes of 250. Mine arrived packaged in boxes of 50 w/plastic holders.

I took the barrel out of my G19 and used it to check all 500 rounds. Most rounds looks as good as new factory. Brass was clean, and came from all different makers, including CCI, WW, Federal, and Aquila. Out of the 500 rounds, there was but one that didn't drop into the chamber. On inspection, the case had a split of roughly 1/4" at the mouth and thus wouldn't drop freely into the barrel. No other round had a problem.

I finally got to try some of it yesterday. Fired one box, along with some 20 rounds of Federal Champion. There was no discernable difference in recoil, and the reloads were just as accurate as the factory. I was pleased with the results. They list velocity for this round at 1150fps. Don't have a chrono, so can't say what the actual readings would be. All in all, so far, so good.

Unfortunately, the recent "happenings" have raised prices all over the country, and Freedom is no exception. Their current inventory shows "Out of stock" on all the popular calibers although they still list their "regular" reloads (non-Blaster) in 9mm 115gr as in stock in boxes of either 500 or 1000. Prices are up, although still reasonable, considering the cost of components these days. Their website now shows this:

"Important Notice: There is currently a severe component shortage in the Ammunition Industry which prevents us from completely filling all orders at this time.

Therefore, due to circumstances beyond our control, we may modify your order and REMOVE / CANCEL the product(s) from your order which cannot be shipped within a reasonable timeframe. This means you may only receive part of your order, in which case, the payment amount we process to your Credit Card will be reduced to reflect the changes that we are forced to make to your order.

NO BACKORDERS – While we are continuing to load, fill and ship orders as components arrive, in order to avoid shipping delays, we will not be “holding orders open” for products that are waiting for components. If we modify your order, it will be closed as “complete” when it is shipped. Any items that are not shipped will need to be ordered again at a later date when they become available.

We appreciate your business and we apologize for the inconvenience."

I don't have any connection to Freedom. Just thought I'd pass this along FYI.

Thanks for posting...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

Sponsored Links