.45 acp ammo price?/ great range day

This is a discussion on .45 acp ammo price?/ great range day within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the The Armory category; Went shooting yesterday and had a blast. First the indoor range just shooting my glock 26. Then it was on to 600 acres my friend ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By johnme

Thread: .45 acp ammo price?/ great range day

Went shooting yesterday and had a blast. First the indoor range just shooting my glock 26. Then it was on to 600 acres my friend has access to. It was great to be able to move around and practice draw from holster and actually shoot live ammo. Also got to shoot some other guns Kimber 1911 .45, .357 revolver, and Colt AR 15. I really liked the .45 . I'm thinking a .45 is my next gun. That being said I was wondering what the price of .45 acp target ammo was going for before the run on ammo began? So I know if I would be getting raped by the ammo man.
    Keep your loved ones close and your firearms closer
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

There are options. Unfortunately prices are all over the place, and it's hard to say what prices should be since they have really been in flux since 2008.

Were you looking for manufactured FMJ practice loads, or reloads from a trustworthy source?

I'm in the Houston area - so far, right now, .45 seems to be fairly available, and not too bad in price (JHP or FMJ) if you're open to buying from a reputable web dealer. The source I use seems to be holding just a hair over usual retail before the frenzy started. You can't just grab it off any old shelf right now, but usually if I need some, I can find it within a day or two, mail order.

Locally the gun shows and local retailers who do have any inventory are the ones that have the severely jacked up prices. I can't speak for other areas such as far out rural areas. Posts I've read saying they are running into good deals, but they admit they were in the right place at the right time. We had two great sources for reloads, that completely dried up when all this happened, and are still dried up. But we can get manufactured reloads without much issue and are paying .80 per, whereas most is about $1.00 per, or so (depending on volume you buy). Some are getting better deals, and some aren't seeing that good.

I know that's not a very concrete answer but hope it helps.
    Last edited by NName591; 04-09-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub1973 View Post
    Went shooting yesterday and had a blast. First the indoor range just shooting my glock 26. Then it was on to 600 acres my friend has access to. It was great to be able to move around and practice draw from holster and actually shoot live ammo. Also got to shoot some other guns Kimber 1911 .45, .357 revolver, and Colt AR 15. I really liked the .45 . I'm thinking a .45 is my next gun. That being said I was wondering what the price of .45 acp target ammo was going for before the run on ammo began? So I know if I would be getting raped by the ammo man.
    Here's a few sources for .45. Just gotta be diligent and look. Aside from the online sources below, you can occasionally get lucky at Walmart and pick up 100 round packs for about $30.

These prices are higher than pre panic prices, but decent for right now. Pre panic, .45 target loads could regularly be bought for .26 - .32 cents a round. Walmart is a good example on that, as their prices have not jumped due to the panic.

These sources are available RIGHT NOW, but that does not mean they will be available tomorrow, or even necessarily an hour from now. If you see something you like, better grab it.

(.60/rd) 45 Auto (ACP) 230 gr FMJ Wolf WPA Box (50 rds)

(.69/rd) Remington UMC Leadless Handgun Ammunition LL45AP8, 45 ACP, Flat Nose Enclosed Base, 230 GR, 835 fps, - Able Ammo

(.69/rd) Ammo .45 ACP TRAJETECH FMJ Semi Wadcutter 185 Grain 50 Round Box 850 fps

(.70/rd) Winchester USA Centerfire Handgun Ammunition - Gander Mountain

AND - Personal defense Hollow Points at .72/rd. Federal Law Enforcement 45 ACP AUTO 185 Grain Hi-Shok JHP Ammo
    Last edited by nvillekat; 04-09-2013 at 01:01 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

dicks was always decent about 20-25 dollars depending if they had a sale going on.

Thanks guys I appreciate it!
    Keep your loved ones close and your firearms closer
    Glock 23 Gen 3 exo
    Glock 26 Gen 3
    Ruger LCP

Welcome to the World of 45acp, a Great cartridge. I buy commercially manufactured ammo, my advice is to stay away from reloads.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

25-30 per 50 of Win White box.
    Men decide. Slaves obey. (I know its from a video game but it holds so true)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just bought ammo from my gun shop, max 10, 230 gr round ball mag tech for $ 23.00 per 50.
    45acp is a very fun gun two shoot ! worth the extra money. It's Like taking out the bmw out with the top down :]
    NName591 likes this.

Sponsored Links