Glock Forum banner

glaser silver safety slug

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  barstoolguru 
#1 ·
Does anyone have an opinion on the use of the Glaser Silver Rounds for a Glock 19 ?
Thank you for your time
Steve

#2 ·
in order to kill a suspect with a lighter bullet it has to move faster (reg 9mm 1150fps and Glaser's run about 1600fps) so its like shooting a +p+ round to do the same job. will they fragment at the first thing they hit; I doubt it. its a sell, know what's behind your target

#4 ·
NO, right now my life is in limbo so I have no access to anything (story to be told at a later date) but there are some videos on YT. the standard for the FBI is 12-14 inches of penetration so the lighter the bullet the faster it has to travel to achieve the depth

#5 ·
The original Glasers were a light copper jacket filled with #12 shot suspended in teflon at a very high velocity. I interviewed the inventor one time and he related a couple of shootings (police related) where they were used. Let's just say the results were quite satisfying. I fired just one of them into a block of modeling clay and the cavity it produced was considerable. As for how they're made today, I can't answer that. I know those old cartridges had a tip that looked like a pencil eraser stuck in the end.

#6 ·
there is Glaser and then there is mag safe but look at the back of the package and it says it will only penetrate max 7 inches.

[video=youtube;flsESTj9jyk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flsESTj9jyk[/video]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.