What's best to practice with

This is a discussion on What's best to practice with within the The Ammo Can forums, part of the The Armory category; Like everyone on this forum, defensive ammunition is 124 grain +P JHP, or some variation thereof. Would like to practice with what I intend to ...

srk

Like everyone on this forum, defensive ammunition is 124 grain +P JHP, or some variation thereof. Would like to practice with what I intend to use, i.e., grain weight and power (+P), but defensive JHP ammo is expensive and +P FMJ availability seems few and far between. Is it that critical I practice with 124 gr or would 115 gr be just as good? Or is it more important to practice the basics...aim point, trigger pull, stance, etc?
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43X
    CZ P-10C
    M&P Shield 9mm
    M&P Compact .22LR

Si vis pacem, para bellum -
    [If you want peace, prepare for war]

Well its always good to practice the basics but I say your fine practicing with 115 grain, I highly doubt anyone will notice the ballistic difference. It is a good idea to shoot some with your defense ammo to test reliability in your weapon but I blast away with whatever I can get.
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

Cost is a big deterrent to using JHP for practice so I use 115 grn FMJ 99.9% of the time. However, I'll shoot 1/2 - 1 mag of my 124 +P JHP every now and then to make sure I understand how it feels. It's a little different but not enough to justify using the JHP a lot.
    Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LightSaber View Post
    Cost is a big deterrent to using JHP for practice so I use 115 grn FMJ 99.9% of the time. However, I'll shoot 1/2 - 1 mag of my 124 +P JHP every now and then to make sure I understand how it feels. It's a little different but not enough to justify using the JHP a lot.
    This is basically what I do. 90% 119grn American Eagle, Winchester White box, Blazer Brass. Then a couple mags of the good stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links