New belly band holster - Page 6

New belly band holster

This is a discussion on New belly band holster within the Gear Talk forums, part of the The Armory category; Originally Posted by barstoolguru What you need to do is go in and find out where the binding is happening. If you took the bump ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New belly band holster

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    What you need to do is go in and find out where the binding is happening. If you took the bump out completely then I would start sanding off the two alignment bumps on the top of the trigger guard but take off a little bit at a time. You said you wanted retention to start with
    Ah...I see those two alignment bumps...Hmm. Yeah, I may work on those tonight. But where do you wear your belly band. At the waistline?

just an FYI ... make sure YOU are not twisting the gun on the way out. i
    I do twist when wearing the combat holster OWB so this is possible. Will try not twisting when I get home and see what happens...

I wear mine as an IWB at the 3:00 position or the 2:30 (slide in over a bit) when I get out of the truck. I (ME) wear a lot of shorts so I wear the pants half way up over the belly band. This way the short help with the concealment. This way I have access to my extra mag and pepper spray.

I tried in the chest area but I run into problem with drawing a gun in reasonable time and fighting the shirt and over garment
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by deepconceal View Post
    Well, I couldn't get a hold of a dremel so I painstakingly cut out the retention ridge/bump in the holster with a knife. It took 90 minutes and was very frustrating, lol. Worse, the retention is not that much better. When I wear it at the wasteline IWB, the gun can only be successfully drawn about 7 times out of 10. The other 3 times or so the combat holster just pulls the belly band up with it and it's a pretty sad sight. When I wear it at the chest level it is impossible to draw. What am I doing wrong, barstoolguru? Maybe I will try Kj89's silicone idea... BTW, where are y'all wearing the holster? Waistline?
    Wear mine waistline, about 12 o'clock. I wear it with sweatpants or shorts.
    deepconceal likes this.
    Semper Fortis

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

just an FYI ... make sure YOU are not twisting the gun on the way out. i
    Quote Originally Posted by deepconceal View Post
    I do twist when wearing the combat holster OWB so this is possible. Will try not twisting when I get home and see what happens...
    Guess what? You were right. I was twisting. Much better now that I am using a very vertical draw. Thanks very much!

I tried in the chest area but I run into problem with drawing a gun in reasonable time and fighting the shirt and over garment
    About that... I have carried for about 2 months in a different belly band (with no combat holster) at the chest level but the trigger is not adequately protected in my opinion so that is why I have not been carrying a round chambered. Once I finish testing out this new belly band modification, I hope to start carrying a round chambered.

I like carrying on my side at the chest level because I can tuck my work dress shirt in with absolutely zero printing. I carry strong side - so no cross draw. Believe it or not, I developed a technique that allows me to draw very quickly. This involves grabbing the shirt just below the muzzle, yanking up high to pull the shirt tails out and drawing. Not ultimate, but helps me look professional at work.

Tomorrow I will try my new modified belly band at the chest level with the combat holster installed using a dress shirt when I go to work. We'll see if it works.

What do you think about this idea? I did have someone tell me it might not be safe to carry strong side at the chest level. Not sure why. What's your opinion?

I'm looking for a belly band that has the pocket for the gun opening from the side rather than the top. Great idea for using the Combat Sports Holster inside one of the pockets. I was planning on using a pocket holster for that purpose. Anyone know of a belly band on the market that allows you to carry that way... horizontal versus vertical? By that I mean the barrel and slide of the gun reside horizontal inside the belly band.
    Last edited by Banacek; 12-02-2013 at 02:42 AM.

Haven't seen anything like that yet. I assume you're going to carry handle up. Careful with the draw. In a hurry you can cross the body with the muzzle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would like to try a belly band, wearing it in the chest area at about 12:00... But with the pocket opening to the strong side, and drawing from left to right, grip down... Kind of a modified cross-draw.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links