NEW INCOG IWB Holster System w/ mag caddy

This is a discussion on NEW INCOG IWB Holster System w/ mag caddy within the Gear Talk forums, part of the The Armory category; Just received my new holster an INCOG IWB Holster System w/ mag caddy from Edge Works INCOG IWB Holster System . I first came across ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NEW INCOG IWB Holster System w/ mag caddy

Just received my new holster an INCOG IWB Holster System w/ mag caddy from Edge Works INCOG IWB Holster System. I first came across this holster on youtube from one of the users channels I like to follow, Range Time with Cory and Erika. The INCOG Mag Caddy Holster - YouTube

I know I've been raving about the Crossbreed SuperTuck, but I'm going to bet this will become my favorite holster because of one main reason. I've become more and more a fan of carrying at 12 o'clock and not on my hip. Don't get me wrong the SuperTuck is a great holster, top notch quality.

Now for the initial review of the INCOG holster. First impression, not as big as I expected with it having a mag caddy (Optional and removable) attached to it and very light weight. It has multiple holes in the clip to adjust depth/cant with is always a plus for fitting it to your preference. The holster is made of kydex with an outer layer of a soft fuzz like material, non-abrasive. You can adjust the retention of the holster and the mag caddy with the retention screw. One of the main features of the holster are the angled clips which help hold the holster tight to your body for maximum concealment. I've already adjusted the depth for a solid grip and can't wait to start wearing it. I'll come back and give another review after 2 weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gcode.jpg 
Views:	9036 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	2330

Holster Price: $69.95
    Mag Caddy(optional): $42.25

Here's what their website says:
    INCOG is a joint development project between Haley Strategic Partners and G-Code Holsters.

The INCOG is a minimum bulk, multi-positional, deep concealment holster. Its distinctive features enable the concealed carry of a handgun from a variety of carry positions while facilitating the acquisition of a full firing grip on the weapon prior to the draw. Inherent are adjustments in the depth of carry, angle of carry, the position of carry and security of carry. Adjustments are supported via the unique modular mounting points on the holster and the use of variable mounting components. Combined they maximize function respective to the users: body type, deployment tactics and personal preferences. The holster is adaptive to varying operational environments and mission requirements.

The mounting clip Incorporates a negative angle designed to force the holster closer to the body. This improves the conceal-ability of the holster without increasing the bulk and supports a higher positional carry without compromise to the positional security of the holster during use. This higher position facilitates faster weapon presentations from deep cover. The mounting clips also have multiple mounting points further increasing the range of carry options and adjustments. The mounting clips open and slide down over the belt and lock in place. The clip is actuated via a finger tab, and is flexed to open allowing quick installation or removal from the belt.

I picked up a Garret Industries Silent Thunder, and it's been my favorite so far. Even more than my Crossbreed. But I think I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for the review!
    Kj89 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wore it to the store, I really like how the mag caddy flexes off the holster and moves with you. Also solved how to carry an extra mag easily.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kj89 View Post
    Wore it to the store, I really like how the mag caddy flexes off the holster and moves with you. Also solved how to carry an extra mag easily.
    That's nice to know. I'm not a fan of a separate holder for the mag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well this you can buy the holster or both. If someone wanted to carry them on opposite side they can do so with one clip on the holster and the other clip for the mag caddy or buy another set of clips. The way it's set up there's no need to separate them IMO.

Posting update on the holster. It's very comfortable and sitting with it isn't a problem, bending over can be a pain sometimes. I can wear it with just a light t-shirt over it, even somewhat tight shirts without printing. I wear it at 12 O'clock which makes it easily accessible. No more going without carrying a spare mag or putting it in the pocket. My fav holster thus far, but won't replace my crossbreed completely, both have a place.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incog.jpg 
Views:	9000 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	2438

How does it feel at 3 o'clock?

Not sure I use this strictly at 12 O'clock, I use my crossbreed for 3 O'clock.

Ahhh okay. I really dig the attached extra mag holder. I am thinkin about going Alien Gear for my crossbreed type holster. But the extra mag really attracts me.

Yes, 3 O'clock with the INCOG would be awkward with the mag caddy as you would have to across your body to get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links