Concealed Carry for Women

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry for Women within the Gear Talk forums, part of the The Armory category; OK I've read a bunch of posts here from guys on concealed carry. Basic issues seem to be size of gun, weight and height of ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Lisbeth
  • 1 Post By lineman475
  • 1 Post By Lisbeth

Thread: Concealed Carry for Women

OK I've read a bunch of posts here from guys on concealed carry. Basic issues seem to be size of gun, weight and height of guy, and which IWB holster to carry at what o'clock. You guys have it so easy!

We woman, especially those of us who live in forever-summer places such as Florida (no heavy sweaters, jackets, coats) have a lot more to consider. Our wardrobes consist of more than oversized shirts over jeans! We sometimes wear tight jeans, or tight tops in clingy material, short shorts, flowing skirts, sexy dresses, and such - we like our fashion. Layering is with a light sweater, an open blouse, or a fashionable vest (no photographers vests pul-ease). And we cannot abide by any bumps or lumps showing anywhere or anything making us look fat. We engage in a lot of different activities, and our concealed gun must never interfere or show.

Now for the good news. Not too long ago, a woman named Carrie Lightfoot ran into all this, and the additional problem that there was no place a woman could find the various holsters she needs. So Carrie started up a company herself to solve this problem, The Well Armed Woman. I got most of my holsters from there. She made a video (Holster Videos) for each holster she sells showing how it works and a bunch of useful info. She has a lot of other stuff, making it pretty much one stop shopping for women. She is extremely supportive of women getting into guns, as she herself became a gun convert not too long before this. I have no association with this company - I just admire Carrie for what she's done helping women with our gun needs, and want other women to know about her company.

My own set of holsters includes a belly band, Flashbang, Undertech Undercover shorts, Remora, IWB, OWB, carry pack, fanny pack, and a CCW purse worn cross-body if nothing else works. A thigh holster will be my next holster purchase. BTW I carry a Glock 26.
    Last edited by Lisbeth; 01-05-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    MA357, barstoolguru and PSmith like this.
    Cogito, ergo sum armatus.

take a look at the cornered cat webb site... Cathy has been around for years
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Each gender has some advantages and disadvantage. Lately I've been favoring AIWB for my G26. I'm in pretty good shape, but I still have a little bit of excess padding around my middle, which makes this method of carry a little harder. However, if your chest is larger than your waist, AIWB is easier to conceal, so women often have the advantage here, unless they are wearing real tight tops.

There is also some sort of bra that has a holster built in. I think it's called a flash-bang, or something like that. Women can also take a purse for off-body carry. Guys can use a fanny pack, I guess, but it's just not as accepted as a purse is for women.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I ran into the same problems with my wife. Then I found a local lady that open her own store dedicated to helping and educating women. http://ladyfingerpnp.com/
    PSmith likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    take a look at the cornered cat webb site... Cathy has been around for years
    Yeah, Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat. is an excellent information source for women, sort of a classic. But no products, e.g. holsters, are sold there. The Well Armed Woman is one-stop shopping for everything a woman needs with her guns - holsters, range supplies, safes and safety equipment, etc. - as well as some information - how to get started, ammunition demystifier, etc. Together the two sites have it covered!
    Last edited by Lisbeth; 01-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    Cogito, ergo sum armatus.

Sponsored Links