do u use a rail light system or hand held flash light?

This is a discussion on do u use a rail light system or hand held flash light? within the Gear Talk forums, part of the The Armory category; I use a streamlight tlr 3 on my 17 for home defense but lately have been considering using a hand held flash light instead, I ...

View Poll Results: do u use a rail light or hand held light

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • rail light (streamlight glock etc)

5 29.41%
  • hand held flash light

12 70.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: do u use a rail light system or hand held flash light?

I use a streamlight tlr 3 on my 17 for home defense but lately have been considering using a hand held flash light instead, I notice at the range im much more accurate shooting the 17 with light off of it. when I install the light I tend to go low I know its the weight of the light (I assume). what do u guys prefer and why?
    GLOCK 17 GEN 4
    GLOCK 43
    H&K VP9
    Bushmaster AR15

I have a Streamlight I use once in a while and it does have its place but imo a light attached to your weapon is not a replacement for a handheld light. Its either handheld or both.
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

I've got a "Mini Maglite" by the side of the bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is, it will not be needed until they try to take it".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Daily to give free food to animals in shelters and rescue's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I use both, I have a detachable rail light that does double duty
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Side of the Mountain in the middle Blue Ridge Mountains, Approxatmitly 2400 feet MSL.
    I sometimes use a Viridian X5L 220 lumen rail light with built in green laser and strobe on the light on my G-21. It came with a holster that activates the light and laser when you draw it and with a touch of the lever right beside the trigger guard the light only goes into strobe mode which will even make the shooter dizzy in a dark room. The draw back is the damn thing is heavy due to the battery and you can't carry it concealed so most of the time it sits in the box it came in. I usually carry a Streamlight on my belt it's about the size of a mini mag light but 10 times brighter.
    G-21 Gen 4 Slightly Modified
    G-21 GEN-4
    G-21 GEN-3
    G-30 GEN-4

The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.
    Thomas Jefferson

The nice thing about my mounted light is can aid in low light situations. If I place the center of the light on my target at 15-20 yards, the POI is almost dead on. Just saying.

I have a 4 D Maglight, like stated above, which can also come in handy as "batan" if needed, and if used correctly.

So for me, I guess they both have there place.

Duane

Both. I prefer alight on the gun as that allows for two handed grip or for the support hand to be used for something else. I have a holster for my M&P 9 w/SureFire X300/u. It's not as comfortable as carrying the M&P 9c w/no light only CT grip laser or a Glock 33. I usually have a Streamlight stylus pro on me for whatever and it works well with guns that don't have lights. Bedside gun always has a light.
    Using Tapatalk

Senior Member NunquamNonParatus's Avatar
    Get a Glock base plate flashlight holder.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk out your ass and remove all doubt." A. Lincoln (sort of.)

"It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing." George S. Patton

President/executive director of the NQNP STFU awards foundation.

I have a Fenix PD35 as well as a Jetbeam RRT-3 Raptor with the carry handle and pressure switch on my night stand. The Jetbeam can be set to stay on strobe. I don't think I want one on the rail.
    Last edited by lasigmon; 08-11-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links