GLOCK 19 LASER SITE...help me pick one!

This is a discussion on GLOCK 19 LASER SITE...help me pick one! within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Im looking for a laser site/pointer for a old g19 I have....any suggestion on brand and/or color laser (red or green)?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GLOCK 19 LASER SITE...help me pick one!

Im looking for a laser site/pointer for a old g19 I have....any suggestion on brand and/or color laser (red or green)?

Crimson Trace are nice but Green laser use a lot more battery and have a shorter life
    Last edited by barstoolguru; 09-20-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Green is the better laser and I would say that Crimson Trace has the best options on the market. The only problem is that if you have an old G19 I am assuming you don't have a rail. That will leave you with only a choice of a ugly bulky grip wrap in red something like this. They also have an IR one if you have night vision goggles which is pretty cool

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    Green is the better laser and I would say that Crimson Trace has the best options on the market. The only problem is that if you have an old G19 I am assuming you don't have a rail. That will leave you with only a choice of a ugly bulky grip wrap in red something like this. They also have an IR one if you have night vision goggles which is pretty cool
    Ditto...Green is better...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

everyone presents a valid point. however i guess it would depend on what your going to use it for. if its going to be on a carry gun then i would want the crimson trace that goes on the grip which is instinctive activation, ( grab the grip and its on ). if not then any choice other than that would be fine. i have had three lasers over the years one on a glock 27 and two on my m&p's all red and on the grips and all worked fine.

C/T has a video on there webb site the tells you all about them or look them up on y-tube

Quote Originally Posted by 1jimmy View Post
    everyone presents a valid point. however i guess it would depend on what your going to use it for. if its going to be on a carry gun then i would want the crimson trace that goes on the grip which is instinctive activation, ( grab the grip and its on ). if not then any choice other than that would be fine. i have had three lasers over the years one on a glock 27 and two on my m&p's all red and on the grips and all worked fine.
    Agree Jimmy. It all boils down to, do you the right tool for the job?

Like Jimmy said you should look at use cases. How will you carry it? Will you train with it? What type do you prefer, guide rod laser, grip mounted, rail mounted? That will drive the color spectrum choice as well, at least at this time. Here is a good article from MythBuster's explaining the differences between the various colors.

Here is another good article. I learned a few things from this one. Didn't realize that the Green Technology has been sitting around dormant for 10 years because they were waiting on a Gov't contract. Also a Green laser is just an IR laser with boosted power output. Humm, now if we could only control the power output we could have a multi-purpose laser
    Last edited by ZombieKiller57; 09-21-2012 at 07:54 AM.

The only problem is that if you have an old G19 I am assuming you don't have a rail. That will leave you with only a choice of a ugly bulky grip wrap in red something like this.
    mypass4sure

exam 70-496

training 70-497

material 70-498

exam material 70-502

Quote Originally Posted by veerji View Post
    The only problem is that if you have an old G19 I am assuming you don't have a rail. That will leave you with only a choice of a ugly bulky grip wrap in red something like this.
    Seems I read that someplace before. First post too.

ZombieKiller57 likes this.
    Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    Seems I read that someplace before. First post too.
    Bingo...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...

rowabi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links