Replacing the Recoil Spring.... but what LB to get?

This is a discussion on Replacing the Recoil Spring.... but what LB to get? within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Hey, I have a G27 Gen 4 [my CC of choice] and want to replace the recoil spring. I found one in stainless steel at ...

Hey,

I have a G27 Gen 4 [my CC of choice] and want to replace the recoil spring. I found one in stainless steel at The Glock Store but which to buy? 16 Lb is the Factory weight but I also shoot 9mm [Lone Wolf conversion barrel] when my arthritis gets so bad I can't deal with the recoil of the .40 So, is a 14 lb a good way to go, or stay with the 16 lb?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have tried a stainless recoil spring in my 23. Ended up changing back to the factory one because I finally realized, "they don't fail"! I have heard, the main thing to be careful of is that going to a heavier or lighter spring, the grain of the bullet might have an effect on how the gun chambers, fires, then reloads the next round. Like I said, I heard and read that but never experienced it. Good Luck and welcome!
    Us Army Attack Helicopter Crew Chief, Retired,
    Disabled Veteran
    Glock 30 Gen 4, DPMS AR15 , Ruger LCR .38 Special, Ruger SR22
    NRA Life Member

it’s a waste of money, there is no proof that it makes a difference, if you need to get a lone wolf barrel that shoots 9 mm and a 9mm mag and see if it works better for you but the spring is a sell with little change
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I think what I'll do is just get a backup standard Glock spring. I like having backup parts.... just raised that way. I've shot about 200 - 9mm rounds through it and NO FTE or jambs of any kind using the standard .40 spring set-up.

Thanks for your input!

really no reason to exchange the recoil spring. The OEM will last you a lifetime

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    really no reason to exchange the recoil spring. The OEM will last you a lifetime
    I agree but what drives me to get another is that the same spring in by buddy's G27 failed. The large spring wouldn't stay retained on the middle-inner-lip. I went to youtube and noticed more standard springs [plastic parts] having the same problem. Glock had a recall [which oddly doesn't cover G27s] on the standard recoil spring.

It's a inexpensive back-up item, so I don't mind.

if you want to spend the money do it BUT keep the old one as a back up and when you go to the range take it with you just in case the new on is not up to the task
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    if you want to spend the money do it BUT keep the old one as a back up and when you go to the range take it with you just in case the new on is not up to the task
    Thanks... I never throw anything useful away.

There was a problem with the duel spring breaking and the gun doesn't like it when it happens but it was a limited problem. I hear of guy that shoots on the IPSC taking a container of parts to do repairs on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenwick View Post
    I agree but what drives me to get another is that the same spring in by buddy's G27 failed. The large spring wouldn't stay retained on the middle-inner-lip. I went to youtube and noticed more standard springs [plastic parts] having the same problem. Glock had a recall [which oddly doesn't cover G27s] on the standard recoil spring.

It's a inexpensive back-up item, so I don't mind.
    No it didn't include the G27. They reported they had already solved the problem with the spring assembly when it was released.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links