My first mod

My first mod

This is a discussion on My first mod within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I am thinking of doing a 3.5 trigger as my first modification. Someone said these were good, does anyone have one? would this void my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My first mod

My first mod

I am thinking of doing a 3.5 trigger as my first modification. Someone said these were good, does anyone have one? would this void my warranty? I am pretty mechanically inclined and have already taken the gun apart for cleaning. I was thinking of doing the install myself. Just seeing what you guys think

Custom Parts - Vanek Custom

i personally am very satisfied with the standard 5.5 pd trigger on all my glocks however there are a lot of people on this forum that use them. they should be along soon.

I have the 3.5 # connector in all of my Glocks. Its a personal choice and you will hear that some do like it and some dont. To me it makes a much easier trigger with which to shoot. I also put either fiber optic front sights (red) or I leave the factory night sights on if they come with it. I also have the big dot sights on my G21 SF RTF2 and fiber optic/nightsights on my G33. The only other change is to install a grip plug.

Last edited by texcowboy; 11-17-2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I don't have a problem with the 5.5 trigger, although I will say that the new Gen 4 19 that I just bought is a little "grittier" than I like. However I expect that it will smooth out after a couple hundred rounds. If not, I'll give the "25 cent trigger job" a try. With the 3.5 connector, you're only out about $15. If you don't care for it, not a problem to go back to stock.

With me I did the 3.5 connector on my G23 and when I got a G26 and was comparing them and noticed the G26 had an almost identical pull weight. Now keep in mind I didn't use a trigger gauge and it was just by feel but you can tell. With G23 I could tell a difference right away when I added the connector and trigger spring (no firing pin change out for fear of light strikes) but it wasn't necessary with the G26 so use your better judgment before spending money, the difference is very little
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

RMD
    A lot of folks like the feel of the lighter trigger, especially among competition shooters. If you choose to do so, there's no need to go 3rd party - stick with the stock Glock - connector.
    i might know something

I was not aware glock made a 3.5 connector, if that's the case I would go that route. The one I posted a link to was supposed to be polished for better performance? Thanks for the input fellas

some think factory is the ultimate, I see different if it’s made under a controlled environment and to specks. 95 % of all extras are made outside of the Glock’s control and do just fine. I got my connector off of EBay and it was a lone wolf and I haven't had a single problem with it
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

A slight update to my earlier post about the 5.5 trigger. Strangely enough, what felt to be OK in the gunshop turned out to be almost a nightmare on the range. Don't have a scale to measure, but that trigger is NOT 5.5. When shooting I thought I'd gotten that stinking NY trigger by mistake.....found myself jerking shots all over the place. I'm going to try the 25 cent trigger job from YouTube and see if that helps. It may work itself out with a few hundred rounds, but I hate wasting ammo like that! After reading a couple of reviews on the 3.5 connector where the reviewer had his gun go full auto I began to wonder, but then who knows what else they did to their gun to cause it.

This is the contact point where the trigger bar makes contact with the connector and when the trigger gets squeezed the bar slides down releasing the firing pin. Your twenty five cent trigger job just polishes the points. if you are all over the place you might want to look at the way you are holding the gun

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connector 2.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	751

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links