Oddball G17 Magazine?

Oddball G17 Magazine?

This is a discussion on Oddball G17 Magazine? within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; So my oldest daughter recently got hitched and I bought her & my new son-in-law their very own Glock - cause that's how I roll ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1jimmy

Thread: Oddball G17 Magazine?

RMD

Oddball G17 Magazine?

So my oldest daughter recently got hitched and I bought her & my new son-in-law their very own Glock - cause that's how I roll

Ended up getting a Gen2 G17 police trade in for $360. It was in good condition and works like you would expect it to - without a hitch.

When I was walking through field stripping with my SIL, I noticed the magazine (factory, marked "LE use only") has 18 labeled holes in it! I've never seen, nor heard of that before. I know many can fit 18 rounds into a stock G17 mag, but this one is actually made to hold 18.

Anyone ever seen one of these before?
    i might know something

Nope, not me.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

the le mags may cause problems for a non leo. i would give the mags to a leo or return them and buy new ones. as far as the 18 rd mag you know your probably going to have to call glock. not to bore you with stories but i had a smith with leo marked mags which was ok for me because i was a leo and when i sold it i bought new unmarked mags for the gun for fear that a over zealous leo might make a big deal of it or if you shoot someone with them you can bet your life some lawyer will make a big deal out of it also.
    ArmyCobra1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

RMD
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jimmy View Post
    the le mags may cause problems for a non leo. i would give the mags to a leo or return them and buy new ones. as far as the 18 rd mag you know your probably going to have to call glock. not to bore you with stories but i had a smith with leo marked mags which was ok for me because i was a leo and when i sold it i bought new unmarked mags for the gun for fear that a over zealous leo might make a big deal of it or if you shoot someone with them you can bet your life some lawyer will make a big deal out of it also.
    They're legal for me to own as they were traded in by the agency, I was just surprised to see a mag marked for 18 rounds :-)
    i might know something

Now that the Clinton ban on mags over 10 rounds is over I am under the impression it is OK for civilians to own the LE Only marked mags.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

^ Yup, Now that the ban is over you can purchase what are called Pre-Ban Hi-Cap mags. These would have been marked "LEO only". They are still made that way but most Hi-Cap mags don't have any markings for most of us. As for the 18 round capacity marking, I haven't seen that although it will hold 18 rounds.
    Last edited by ZombieKiller57; 11-20-2012 at 11:05 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RMD
    Hmm...wonder if I just gave away a collectors item :-)
    i might know something

Quote Originally Posted by RMD View Post
    So my oldest daughter recently got hitched and I bought her & my new son-in-law their very own Glock - cause that's how I roll

Ended up getting a Gen2 G17 police trade in for $360. It was in good condition and works like you would expect it to - without a hitch.

When I was walking through field stripping with my SIL, I noticed the magazine (factory, marked "LE use only") has 18 labeled holes in it! I've never seen, nor heard of that before. I know many can fit 18 rounds into a stock G17 mag, but this one is actually made to hold 18.

Anyone ever seen one of these before?
    I had heard of them, but haven't owned any...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

over 10 may be the case where you live but not in mass, 10 is still the limit for all non leos. point i am trying to make for the price of the mags why take a chance on being checked by someone who is not familar with the law and right or wrong will question the le only markings.

RMD
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jimmy View Post
    over 10 may be the case where you live but not in mass, 10 is still the limit for all non leos. point i am trying to make for the price of the mags why take a chance on being checked by someone who is not familar with the law and right or wrong will question the le only markings.
    Understand.

I'm blessed to live in an area though where they'd probably offer to buy it if they ever saw it :-)
    i might know something

Sponsored Links