laserlyte laser trainer(s)

This is a discussion on laserlyte laser trainer(s) within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; There are three different types that I know of and I will show all of them but the main one I want to focus on ...

There are three different types that I know of and I will show all of them but the main one I want to focus on is the LT line from laserlyte. I had talked about how I like to train what I am not at the range before and the LT-PRO was the one I used. I normally don't bad mouth a product but I have to tell you what I went through is crap but the CO honored their product. The first one was a laserlyte LT-PRO and this type is adjustable as it fits 9MM/.40 cal/.45 auto, so one laser fits a multitude of guns and that sound like the best bang for the buck (87.00)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser pro.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	847

Here is what I call draw backs; first off there is no on or off switch so you have to take it apart to shut it off or it eats batteries like there is no tomorrow, to the point where I was buying them by the 100 pack. Second they run on sound so when you pull the trigger the snapping of the firing pin sets off the laser so you had to have a snap cap in the gun also. The first one stripped out due to taking it apart over and over. Back to the CO. the new one they sent me failed after less than a month; back to the CO again and then the third after two weeks it stayed on all the time like it was a pointer.

Name:  lt-40.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  3.3 KB

Finally after three of them I asked if they could trade off/up to a LT-40 (brass 40 Cal) laser trainer and they said no problem so now I have had this one for three weeks and probably a 1000 dry fires or better and works like a champ and with the same batteries. These are one size fit; 9mm or .40 or .45.
    The plus side of these is that they ARE the laser/snap cap at the same time and fit like a bullet so there are no way you can accidentally load a live round

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser and mis 001.JPG 
Views:	1004 
Size:	750.0 KB 
ID:	849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laser and mis 014.JPG 
Views:	405 
Size:	860.8 KB 
ID:	850

Eventual the cap on the rear will wear out BUT the CO offers a new cap for 10.00 (how cool is that) and they come with a 3 year warranty. The CO has excellent warranty service at no time did they ever question me but said they would send an PP envelope for the return after the second one.

Name:  sure strike.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  5.8 KB

The third one ( I know nothing of but what I read) is a sure strike laser trainer. They seem to be more complicated but fit a multitude of guns. From what I hear a lot of times the firing pin doesn’t make contact with the laser that fits inside of different covers and you add rings for different chambering so be careful with this one and at a 199.00 I would be standoffish from the reviews

Christmas is right around the corner so it might be a good hint for your list. I train with mine every time I am home just to develop the muscle memory of drawing and shooting. Besides it’s a great way to play with the gun when I am having a couple with the guys (no way it can be loaded with a live round because of the laser). And for 89.00 (amazon.com- free shipping and no tax) it just might be the best thing under the tree
    Last edited by barstoolguru; 12-05-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

don't know what a laser trainer is, can you explain please.

it's for dry fire practice, sends a beem of light at the target instead of a bullet
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

ok got ya, thanks

Thanks for the reviews.
    Glocks: 17, 19 FDE, 20SF, 21, 22, 23, 31

NRA Life Member.
    Not offended.

Heres a video on the laser trainer

The Advantages of a Laser Training Target - YouTube
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3