Glock Galco Holster/Gen 4 Finish

This is a discussion on Glock Galco Holster/Gen 4 Finish within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I just picked up the new Gen 4 G23 and I am exploring options for the holster that will not wear on the slide finish ...

I just picked up the new Gen 4 G23 and I am exploring options for the holster that will not wear on the slide finish (OWB only). I don't conceal as of right now because of the 3 month wait to get a permit in my county etc...I would use it at the range for practice on the weekend and possibly open carry.

1) Is there any improvement to the slide finish over the Gen 3, if so what type of material would be best for it?
    2) Is there any advantage to having a suede liner over a regular leather holster? First choice as of now: Galco FX Suede Lined Belt Holster
    3) I read a lot of conflicting information regarding holster wear and some local professionals are telling me different things. Some that dirty leather is the only cause, some say that it is caused by storing the glock in a holster for long periods of time, some that leather is rough on the slide finish no matter what, and some that you must treat the leather with Galco EZ and wear it in with a plastic bag before use.
    4) I am going to purchase TRU GLO sights or something comparable, am I risking damage to the sights? I don't want to blow 120 dollars on sights that are going to get torn up by the wrong holster.

I have read other forums that explore this issue so I apologize for any redundancy, however my take on it is that if the GEN 4 has a different finish that it would warrant renewed discussion. Thanks.

welcome to the forum.

The Glock finish is very durable. If it does wear it will take years with just in and out of holster use. If you had a Nickle or Chrome piece I would say go with the suede to keep scuffing to a minimum but you don't need to worry about that with the standard finish

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

welcome...and ditto...^^^

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I have read where the Kydex holsters are easier on Glocks than leather. But either way, it would take a lot of presentations and a lot of time to wear the finish on a Glock. All of my Glocks are CCW, mostly in leather and mine all look like new. Even when I carry in the appendix position with a VersaCarry during the Hot Texas Summers and my Glock is wet with sweat, no problems.

And even whenever I get some wear on the slide, to me the weapon would have character and I would know that I put it there.

Oh, and Welcome to the Forum !

Only a Biker knows why a Dog hangs his head out the window.

G29SF, G20SF, G30SF, G36, G21SF RTF2, G32 GEN 4, G33, G19

NRA Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by texcowboy View Post
    I have read where the Kydex holsters are easier on Glocks than leather. But either way, it would take a lot of presentations and a lot of time to wear the finish on a Glock. All of my Glocks are CCW, mostly in leather and mine all look like new. Even when I carry in the appendix position with a VersaCarry during the Hot Texas Summers and my Glock is wet with sweat, no problems.

And even whenever I get some wear on the slide, to me the weapon would have character and I would know that I put it there.

Oh, and Welcome to the Forum !
    Thanks! I will probably stick with a suede lined holster and I can always get the slide refinished down the road if need be.

Sponsored Links