Sights for a 19

Sights for a 19

This is a discussion on Sights for a 19 within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; Just rented, shot, and decided to buy a Glock 19 very soon. Really liked the gun and was reasonably accurate with it. I know there ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sights for a 19

Sights for a 19

Just rented, shot, and decided to buy a Glock 19 very soon. Really liked the gun and was reasonably accurate with it. I know there are a lot of aftermarket sights for Glocks and am hoping to get some advice here.

I like the design of the "square horseshoe" Glock sights, but am not opposed to a different style. I would like to find some quality aftermarket sights that have either slightly more narrow rear sights, or a slightly wider front sight. I'm not trying to drive nails at 20 yards or anything, but would like to be able to line up just a bit faster.

The gun's primary use will be for concealed carry. Not sure if competition style sights are the way to go. Don't know if it's an issue with those, but I want to be able to draw and aim quickly, without worrying about having the perfect stance, angle, etc. Also, I'm hoping to find sights that aren't any taller or bulkier than the stock Glock sights that can get snagged during CC. Would be willing to only swap the rear or front sight if it works well with the other stock sight.

Yes I know I can just practice with the new gun to get better, but I'd rather put that practice into sights that I'm better with from the get-go. Might eventually consider putting a laser on it, but don't want to spend over $200 just yet.

RMD
    For CC and SD situations, it's hard to be XS Big Dot. I've installed them on a G19 and a G26 and couldn't be happier.

I have Tru-Glo TFO's on the way for my 19..I'll post pic's when i get them on...
    Glock 19 Gen 3
    Glock 21 SF Gen 3
    Springfield GI-45
    Ruger LCR .357
    Ruger MKII
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I use stock Glock night sights on my carry guns.
    Firearms Instructor

I have the stock glock night sights on my G19, G34, and G37. My G26 and G22 have trijicons. I notice very little difference between the two types of sights. I like to standardize my Glocks as much as possible. However, the older I get the more I can foresee a time when I will be switching to XS sights at least for my carry guns.

I have tried a few different brands and styles. I have TruGlo TFO's on my G19 & G26 Gen3 and my G23 Gen4. Very bright and easy to sight in any light. You can't go wrong. Good luck!

Looking @ fiber optics myself, but the Big Dots seem to be quite popular...

You can get a great set of night sites under $100 installed. Some are better for daytime viewing than others. For night viewing the sites that use the Trijicon inserts are the best.
    rowabi likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everytime I think I have it just about figured out, I see another new set of sights I like...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

There's a competitors new model due out any time now, in a single stack .45, with a fiber optic front sight...waiting for one at two different gunshops...dependant on whether I get and keep that one, I may be getting a new G36...and I'll have the same situation all over again...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...

rowabi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links