newby loking for avice

newby loking for avice

This is a discussion on newby loking for avice within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; okay im sure im prob in the wrong section because i do this in the truck forum all the time so any direction would help...... ...

newby loking for avice

okay im sure im prob in the wrong section because i do this in the truck forum all the time so any direction would help...... okay i have a gen 4 g19 and im looking to lighten the trigger, according the my buddies digital gauge its breaking at an average of almost 8.5 im looking for the best set that is as close to plus and play ass possible to get me where i want to be..... i wanna be at no more than 4lbs but no less than 2.5, i dont shoot all the time but i want something simple and light when i do.... like with the over travel adjustments thats deff one thing i dont want to mess with.... i hope i wasnt all over the place with my question and hope to hear some feedback ....

again anything helps..... links , advise etc

Welcome to the group first of all. The simpleist thing to do is do what is called a .25 trigger job. THis esentially means deburring all of the trigger surfaces to allow the parts to move with less firction which means a smoother, slightly lighter pull pressure will be needed. I would strongly encourage you not to go below the 5-5.5 lb mark. Reason for this is you may at somne point in the futrure decide to conceal carry the 19. Have a very light trigger is more prone to negligent discharge which could lead to someone being injured if you are placed in a situation where you have to defend your life. Ghost Triggers makes a drop in trigger which is very good. Hope this helps.
    Firearms Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by glockanista View Post
    Welcome to the group first of all. The simpleist thing to do is do what is called a .25 trigger job. THis esentially means deburring all of the trigger surfaces to allow the parts to move with less firction which means a smoother, slightly lighter pull pressure will be needed. I would strongly encourage you not to go below the 5-5.5 lb mark. Reason for this is you may at somne point in the futrure decide to conceal carry the 19. Have a very light trigger is more prone to negligent discharge which could lead to someone being injured if you are placed in a situation where you have to defend your life. Ghost Triggers makes a drop in trigger which is very good. Hope this helps.

i actually do CC my 19, i know the stock pull is suppose to be 5.5 so i dont know if its because its still fairly new and still dont have alot of rounds through it yet but like i said with my buddies digital gauge its been breaking at about 8.3 , i was watching a video on the fulcrum trigger kit and his stock 19 was breaking about 6.5 so im guessing once really broken in its about 5.5 ish......but yeah 5ish is what im looking for......but yeah that helps thanks alot

im on the sight now.....which it a popular one to get? the 3.5 or 4.5 looks like it would get that i want....but as odd as this may sound the 3.5-4.5 is the pull from stock correct? its like doing supercharger pulley math.....a 6 lb pulley dosent always render 6 lbs, but i dont know how accurate that would be because when he did put that kit in it broke at about 5.5 lbs which it actually what stock should be now with springs etc it can be dropped i know....but yeah im not looking to but a 180 dollar kit when i dont comp shoot it , but we do go and shoot to keep our mil edge (tradoc will do that) but yeah sorry for my rant haha
    Last edited by spy98der1; 02-27-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Sponsored Links