Need Help With Better Standard Sights for Glock 19

This is a discussion on Need Help With Better Standard Sights for Glock 19 within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; I have been shooting a Glock 19 since December 2011, when I returned to shooting after 25 years. My eyes are not what they used ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need Help With Better Standard Sights for Glock 19

I have been shooting a Glock 19 since December 2011, when I returned to shooting after 25 years. My eyes are not what they used to be and the factory sights don't work for me today. I have read numerous posts on night sights and the pros/cons of various vendors. In fact a buddy of mine gave me a set of Trijicon sights to try out. They were too small and not very useful for daytime target shooting. Because I primarily use this gun for target practice, what I think I need are higher visibility standard sights for the Glock. I have read where the XS Big Dots are great for target acquisition, day or night, but not great for my intended use: target practice at 15-25 yards. I spoke to the XS factory folks and they recommended a standard XS express tritium front sight and a non-tritium rear site to get the advantage of their "lollipop" sight picture. Does anyone have this set-up and can provide feedback on it or perhaps an even better alternative to my needs. Any help or suggestion would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

I've heard the same thing...I'm actually looking for a fiber optic set-up that will help me to focus more on the front sight...

Glock softly and leave your big stick at home...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

And welcome to the forum...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rowabi

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jtsantes View Post
    I have been shooting a Glock 19 since December 2011, when I returned to shooting after 25 years. My eyes are not what they used to be and the factory sights don't work for me today. I have read numerous posts on night sights and the pros/cons of various vendors. In fact a buddy of mine gave me a set of Trijicon sights to try out. They were too small and not very useful for daytime target shooting. Because I primarily use this gun for target practice, what I think I need are higher visibility standard sights for the Glock. I have read where the XS Big Dots are great for target acquisition, day or night, but not great for my intended use: target practice at 15-25 yards. I spoke to the XS factory folks and they recommended a standard XS express tritium front sight and a non-tritium rear site to get the advantage of their "lollipop" sight picture. Does anyone have this set-up and can provide feedback on it or perhaps an even better alternative to my needs. Any help or suggestion would be welcome. Thanks in advance.
    welcome to the forum. Check out this video. I have posted this guy's videos here before. He does a lot of testing of the Glock platform. In this video he installs, demos and reviews the XS Big Dot site system.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller57 View Post
    welcome to the forum. Check out this video. I have posted this guy's videos here before. He does a lot of testing of the Glock platform. In this video he installs, demos and reviews the XS Big Dot site system.
    I was looking at the Big Dots online the other day and was interested in them for the self defense purpose. My G20 is going to be just that at this point. The thing that I was worried about is the sight picture. I think that I am going to have to order these. That review just confirmed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey3 View Post
    I was looking at the Big Dots online the other day and was interested in them for the self defense purpose. My G20 is going to be just that at this point. The thing that I was worried about is the sight picture. I think that I am going to have to order these. That review just confirmed it for me.
    I've seen similar videos on the Big Dot sights. I would love to see a video or at least a review of the standard XS sights to see if they might provide a better sight picture for target shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by jtsantes View Post
    I've seen similar videos on the Big Dot sights. I would love to see a video or at least a review of the standard XS sights to see if they might provide a better sight picture for target shooting.
    Check this video out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey3 View Post
    Check this video out.
    Thanks. This guy in the video is either way too good or he's 10 feet from the target. I'd love to see a video on how well folks do withe the standard XS sights, but I'm not sure anyone actually buys them to swap out the factory Glock 19 sights.

interesting, for sure...

rowabi

I keep finding something new that muddles up my search...

rowabi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links