Glock 42 Galloway Precision Extended Magazine Release

This is a discussion on Glock 42 Galloway Precision Extended Magazine Release within the Glock Accessories forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; So I received my Galloway Precision Extended Magazine Release today... here is my take on it. 1. When I first opened the package, the release ...

So I received my Galloway Precision Extended Magazine Release today... here is my take on it.

1. When I first opened the package, the release looked "rough" or coarse in its finish. Once I took it out, I realized why... it looked like it was printed on a 3D printer. It didn't feel very rugged or sturdy at all. However, there's not a whole lot of need for rugged for a magazine release button. It's actually made with a "prototyper" due to a 3D printer not holding the tolerances.

2. It didn't look like the image because of it being rough and having a coarse finish.

3. Once installed in the Glock 42, on the rounded side, not the button side, should sit flush with the weapon frame... well it didn't. the section closest to the trigger guard rounded down a little too soon and left a gaping detent in the side of the pistol that would easily get filled up with dirt and grime requiring extensive cleaning or disassembling of the release (removing it) in order to clean it properly.

4. IT DIDN'T RETAIN THE MAGAZINE!!! I inserted the magazine and felt it "lock" into place... no "click" or noticeable audible retention. So I gave the magazine a slight tug, and it POPPED RIGHT OUT!!! After one shot and the range (or heaven forbid when I needed it), the magazine would have clearly dropped. Even when the magazine was slammed into the well, it still could be pulled right out with ease.

Galloway has attributed the faulty item to its process of creating them saying it was an "oddball". They have agreed to refund my purchase.

So I am satisfied. I ordered the NDZ version and will review it when it comes in.
    Last edited by kingfhb; 04-10-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ggmichael View Post
    It usually refers to the counties of Wigtownshire (or historically West Galloway) and Kirkcudbrightshire (or historically East Galloway) in the Dumfries and Galloway administration council area of Scotland.
    Huh?? Way to stay on topic with a response that has absolutely nothing to do with the post.

NDZ magazine release
    The NDZ magazine release came in and installed fairly easy. It feels very well made and fits perfectly.

My only concern is with my thumb accidentally hitting or actuating the release without trying. It hasn't happened, but I can see someone with some really meaty fingers hitting it with ease.

Overall, I like it. It does allow me to actuate the release easier. Smooth finish... Properly sized and fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed a factory extended release on my 27 and when carrying IWB it rubbed and jabbed me so bad I changed it back. I could also see it being accidentally actuated especially at a inopportune time. That's just my take,as I like the mag release on the 42 as is.
    Just a few of my friends,17,27,36,42,30S,20,29...

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

It's not for everyone... I like being able to actuate the mag release without tipping or rotating the weapon. The stock release just seems to flush to me.

However I will say that the rounded NDZ release is great. No comparison to any other Glock extended mag release.

Nothing to rub, grab, jab, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links