First time on the range with my Glock 17

This is a discussion on First time on the range with my Glock 17 within the Glock Range Reports forums, part of the Glock Information category; Truth be told it wasn't only my first time with the Glock it was my first time on the range outside of a classroom ! ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: First time on the range with my Glock 17

Truth be told it wasn't only my first time with the Glock it was my first time on the range outside of a classroom!

Since my intended purpose for this firearm is home defense I did a rapid fire drill from 21 feet. Here's the results after emptying the mag.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13521216_10208061080617638_1376373301_n.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	9329

I'm happy with the grouping although not with everything going so far left. Either way though it would probably do the job and the gun felt great in my hand. Couldn't be happier with my first firearm being a Glock!
    glock9mmfan and t4terrific like this.

I'm happy with the grouping although not with everything going so far left. Either way though it would probably do the job and the gun felt great in my hand. Couldn't be happier with my first firearm being a Glock!
    before you monkey with the sights, shooting to the left is a common problem so refer to the wheel Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheel .jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	9337

you have too much finger on/in the trigger and are pushing as you shoot. use the pad of the finger tip and not the joint
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    before you monkey with the sights, shooting to the left is a common problem so refer to the wheel Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheel .jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	9337
    I agree my trigger finger is an issue I need to work. I believe I'm to close to the tip and low on the pad based on where I was feeling it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dscl View Post
    I agree my trigger finger is an issue I need to work. I believe I'm to close to the tip and low on the pad based on where I was feeling it.
    I have a laser trainer and its amazing in correcting things like trigger finger problems. they are about 80.00 but are so worth it and will save you money in the long run

get this type (laserlyte) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LT-40.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	9345 and you can get hours of dry fire practice
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

I just got my first handgun and went to the range for the first time too. Still need a lot of practice but it's should just take some time

Truth be told it wasn't only my first time with the Glock it was my first time on the range outside of a classroom!

Since my intended purpose for this firearm is home defense I did a rapid fire drill from 21 feet. Here's the results after emptying the mag.

Congrats on the new Glock 17....you won't be disappointed! Depending on what you've owned or shot in the past, mastering the Glock pistol to produce consistent + accurate shooting takes practice.

I've found that most Glocks have a tendency to shoot a 'little left' (factory set-up)...and I respond by moving my rear sight slightly to the right to compensate.

Typically, if the right bottom corner of the rear sight just touches the outside lip of the bottom of the rear sight groove, the sights are 'centered' enough for consistent + accurate shooting. It works with factory white-dot sights and with Meprolight Tru-Dot Tritium night sights (my personal choice on a Glock pistol.)

Adjust...TAP...enjoy!
    Last edited by Amishman44; 06-28-2016 at 08:56 AM.
    Stupid SHOULD Hurt!!!

~ Amishman44

Congratulations, and welcome!

Shooting left is common with new shooters to a particular type of platform. Regardless of what the chart says, it's jerking the trigger.

You can hit bullseyes regardless of how much or little finger you put on the trigger. Smoothly engaging the trigger is the ticket to hitting where you're aiming.

Not bad buddy! Keep it up!
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana & Utah CCW
    NRA Member
    GSSF Member

Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are.

good job & keep at it!
    Chris

Glock 17 G2
    Taurus PT-22
    Kel-Tec P32

Congratulations on your new G17
    Enjoy it and shoot safe!
    Avoidance, awareness, preparedness, get eye contact and learn to profile.
    Learning is impossible without humility.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links