The first 50 rounds through my new G19 Gen4

This is a discussion on The first 50 rounds through my new G19 Gen4 within the Glock Range Reports forums, part of the Glock Information category; I need to work on finger touch/control as most misses were left of center (Actually, all over the place!). This was at 15 yards, outdoors ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need to work on finger touch/control as most misses were left of center (Actually, all over the place!). This was at 15 yards, outdoors and windy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The first 50 rounds through my new G19 Gen4-img_2105.jpg  
    Last edited by Glockenspiel; 12-28-2016 at 07:34 PM.

Bring it in closer to you to have a better idea of what you need to work on. 15 yards takes concetrating on multiple factors, 5-7 yds greatly simplifies things. It'll help give you patterns you can interpret.

Congrats on a great pistol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Glock Advanced Certified Armorer
    Glock 500 Club
    NRA Certified Instructor

some quick tips.... most combat shooting is a 7 yards so that is where you should do your practicing at

2: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheel_of_misfortune.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	12465 here is a shooters wheel and it will help make corrections

and the third and most important one: you can't shoot fast enough to make up for a miss. slow down and relax, speed comes with accuracy. take a deep breath and let half of it out then hold it and squeeze the trigger. when your chest expands it will throw off the shot and thats part of your problem
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

Seven yards is not where you should be doing your practicing.

The harder the better, and the more movement the better.

If you are forced to use a static range, 10 yards (or more) should be the distance.

If you can shoot well at 10 yards, you can also shoot well at a shorter distance.

This five and seven yard stuff is for people who can't shoot well, and want to make their targets look less bad.

Five yards is a decent distance for extremely rapid fire, though. It helps to make sure all the rounds hit paper (I use small targets), so you can judge how you did better than at a longer range.

one thing that is always in my bag are a roll of paper tape and a marker so you can tape up holes and mark groupings
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

This was at a static range with 10 & 15 yd lanes. There was a wait for a 10 yd so I shot at the 15.

As open as the groups are I'm thing it's an aiming issue rather than a trigger control issue. Sights aren't lined up well enough on a small spot. That is if you were slow firing for groups.

While I'd like to convince y'all these were quick draw shots this was mostly aiming and shooting. A few were practicing tap, rack, bang, procedure, but most were legitimate aiming. Next visit, wait or not, I will shoot at 10 yds..

Quote Originally Posted by Glockenspiel View Post
    While I'd like to convince y'all these were quick draw shots this was mostly aiming and shooting. A few were practicing tap, rack, bang, procedure, but most were legitimate aiming. Next visit, wait or not, I will shoot at 10 yds..
    Obsessive dry firing helped me with my trigger control. I've found that, with more shooting, recoil anticipation started going away. Not an expert, I'm a new shooter, so I don't know much. 😀 Gradually working on increasing speed of target acquisition.
    Last edited by beardedspoooon; 01-06-2017 at 12:51 PM.

My practical shooting ranges are influenced by my reality. The largest room in my house is less than 21 feet from end to end. From the middle of the living room to the front door is 15 feet. From the same spot to the back deck sliding door is 8 feet. From the top of the stairs to the furthest point I can see on the first floor is 12 feet (linier distance). Bedrooms wall to wall, Bedrooms to end of hall, all are less than 15 feet.

My goal for my wife (which she can meet). Is to put all 15 rounds from a glock 17 into a 9 in paper plate while it is moving from 7 yards to point blank range. The rail moves the target this distance over about 15 - 20 seconds. I take my wife to the range for this drill twice a year. For distances greater than this, the targets are not inside my house.

Just my 2 cents.

rch
    Last edited by rhouser; 02-01-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links