Trouble at the range today. - Page 2

Trouble at the range today.

This is a discussion on Trouble at the range today. within the Glock Range Reports forums, part of the Glock Information category; I have never even heard of an unattended public range. Very common in a lot of states, generally they are on state managed land. The ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trouble at the range today.

I have never even heard of an unattended public range.
    Very common in a lot of states, generally they are on state managed land. The concept is if you buy ammo and/or a state hunting lic / permit they need to provide you an area to shoot. After all that where the money is going to; that is why a lot of people buy a permit
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

far enough from Asheville, NC to be normal
    NC only has one and usually ( usually) there are no problems. Occasional Litter. Most everyone brings bags and some of us bring brooms to sweep up brass. Most of us regulars are tickled to have a place to shoot, so we decided to take care of it. It has cctv, so we try to behave.
    Gen 3 G26
    Gen 4 G27 FDE
    Gen 3 G29

This is why I say I would keep a loaded gun concealed. This man was out there by himself and was a target

Questions arise in shooting, robbery at Wagoner County gun range | Tulsa World
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

I've been there a few times, this was the only time there was a problem. They just added the permit requirement to use ranges this year so I figure they would at least be at ranges on weekends when it's most used. Closest indoor range that I know of is 26 miles away.
    Semper Fortis

That's why I use my "back forty" outside range.....
    "
    To the man that only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."

Luke 22:36 Then he said unto them,But now, he that hath a purse,let him take it , and likewise his scrip :
    and he that hath no sword , let him sell his garment, and buy one.

That guy is really a sicko. I feel sorry for everyone else who just wanted a day out. You should report the incident and maybe they'll have RO's there more often for no reason other than to control their own liability
    Your mileage may vary. Batteries not included.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hopefully everyone who went, will realize the sicko was not the norm. What a bummer for the families, too.

Kudos for contacting the authorities - they should be aware, though it's after the fact. Too bad they don't have sign in logs and a required numbered badge if you participate (like they do at RC airfields) so there is some accountability.

Well the range itself has no liability.

§135.181. Rifle and handgun ranges.

(a) General provisions. In addition to §135.2 (relating to unlawful actions) and except as provided in §135.182 relating to Ranges, State Game Lands No. 176), the following pertain to lands under Commission ownership, lease or jurisdiction, designated as rifle or handgun ranges:
    (5) The Commission is not responsible for anyone injured on the range. An individual using Commission owned ranges does so at his own risk and assumes all responsibility for injuries to a person or property caused by or to him.

But it also states,

(6) When more than one person is using the range, a range officer shall be designated.

Hoping they read my email and take my suggestion to make sure there's an officer at the ranges on the weekend's with the nicer weather coming.(During the week is pretty empty and closes at sunset)
    NName591 likes this.
    Semper Fortis

We used to have the FIRST person on the range as range officer at the club or the most senior member

The national forests have unattended shooting ranges. Here's one in Tennessee I like to visit when I'm motorcycle touring in the mountains. Fee is $2 per vehicle. See, rather than sit around and whine about the government all day I prefer to take advantage of what it has to offer.
    NName591 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links