Trouble at the range today. - Page 3

Trouble at the range today.

This is a discussion on Trouble at the range today. within the Glock Range Reports forums, part of the Glock Information category; Originally Posted by barstoolguru We used to have the FIRST person on the range as range officer at the club ... That's exactly what we ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trouble at the range today.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    We used to have the FIRST person on the range as range officer at the club ...
    That's exactly what we do at my club. Every member undergoes a one-hour safety class which includes how to be the range officer. By not having paid staff we save money and by not having volunteer officers we save time which could otherwise be spent shooting.

One of the things I loved about being in a private club was the respect that people have for each other. if a member was doing something wrong they wore corrected and there was not hatred about it, they would apologies and thank the other for understanding and being tolerate. I was taught so much from older shooter that loved to share info and that’s what I try and do whenever possible.
    One thing the shooting world will do and that is shut you out when it comes to safety; there is no room for mistakes when it comes to safety
    the difference between wisdom and intellect, wisdom foresees the dangers in life, and intellect studies the aftermath

Parks - national and state - are a wonderful place. I have many fond memories when I was a kid, going to the large national park near my hometown. As an adult, I like reading up on the history. We need to not take these things for granted.

I still say, when the government decides to do something, it can do it with the right motives and does it wonderfully. We have some wonderful treasures thanks to Presidents like Roosevelt, Wilson and Coolidge.

I think that is one reason so many have been complaining - but rather than saying we hate what they are doing, we should probably be saying "let's keep the standards we are used to". It's been such a foregone assumption these parks will "always be there".
    Last edited by NName591; 03-12-2013 at 07:58 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

far enough from Asheville, NC to be normal
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRussell View Post
    The national forests have unattended shooting ranges. Here's one in Tennessee I like to visit when I'm motorcycle touring in the mountains. Fee is $2 per vehicle. See, rather than sit around and whine about the government all day I prefer to take advantage of what it has to offer.
    Jack, ever ride the " Tail of the Dragon" when you are out this way?
    Last edited by slickrocktom; 03-12-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    Gen 3 G26
    Gen 4 G27 FDE
    Gen 3 G29

Hey guys, got some good news. I just received the following email from the Game Commission:

"Thank you Concerned Range Goer(that's me, lol),

I received the following message from the Region Office regarding your concern.

Thanks for being passionate about our outdoor heritage.

Ln

“Please advise the complainant that our WCO’s apprehended that individual shortly after that encounter.”"

Glad I wasn't the only one who reported this man.
    Semper Fortis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links