New Glock owner :-) - Page 3

New Glock owner :-)

This is a discussion on New Glock owner :-) within the Glock Talk and Discussion forums, part of the Glock General Discussion category; That's awesome. I'm going to get that for my fiancé. Right now she's happy with her Glock 17....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: New Glock owner :-)

That's awesome. I'm going to get that for my fiancé. Right now she's happy with her Glock 17.

I'm going to get to shoot it next weekend! The anticipation is killing me!
    fletc05 likes this.

Welcome and Good
    Luck...

4. Remove Advertisements
    GlockForum.net
    Advertisements

fletc05 likes this.

Welcome to Glock country...
    Desantis is great holster option n very reasonable price
    The G42 is outstanding CC choice...
    I carry a revolver... The Smith n Wesson 38 bodyguard which comes with a red laser
    And weighs not much more than my smart phone... 14 ounces ... And revolver reliability is 2nd to none
    They don't jam or stove pipe etc. when u need them to go bang.

Thank you M4eagle :-)
    I'm leaning towards the Desantis Intruder for IWB carry and a Flashbang for when I can't.
    I've tried several S&W handguns and just was not a fan. Especially the S&W Bodyguard .380...That trigger was just ridiculous, and it was uncomfortable to grip(pinky had nowhere to go). I, personally, don't see the need for the laser. If I need to use my gun in self defense the person is going to be close enough I won't need it...Plus I'm a pretty good shot ;-)
    Now, my Rossi Snub Nose .38 special revolver is awesome. But it's stainless so it's a heavy and bulky gun for me to carry all the time. I mainly had to purse carry and that makes me extremely uncomfortable, not to mention it hurt my shoulder after a while.

Lasers are great because you can move and shoot at the same time...and shoot from awkward positions... especially in low light situations where you won't be able to see your sights. All you have to do is keep your eyes on the target and the bright red dot. A person with a knife can easily reach you in 1 1/2 seconds from 21 feet. You certainly don't want to let them get too close if you can prevent it.

Jerry Miculek & his family, Todd Jarret, The Glock Team, Micheal Bane, and a lot of other pros all publicly state that they have lasers on their personal self defense weapons. They believe in using every edge possible.

There is a very impressive FREE DVD & catalog from Crimson Trace. All You have to do is ask for it.

http://www.crimsontrace.com/company/...e-lasers-edge/

In case you haven't watched it... here is a police training video showing just how dangerous someone with a knife can be within 21 feet.. even if you already have your hand on your gun ready to draw. Well worth watching! And remember, these are trained police officers open carrying... a average citizen's response time from concealed carry will be much less.

Too close - dont underestimate the knife - YouTube
    You can't blame people for wanting to protect themselves, as they see the reality of law enforcement: that law is enforced only after the law shows up. That can be a problem if you're already dead.” Greg Gutfeld / Fox News

Good points. Now can someone tell me how adding a laser to my gun is going to change it? Weight, size etc? Because as of now...it's perfect even with a fully loaded mag. Are lasers an unnoticeable difference? If that's the case then I wouldn't mind having one put on.

Welcome from Ohio!
    If you have to tell everyone how _______ you are, your probably not that _______

Thanks OHshooter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links